33.Draupadi

Saanvi and Subhadra entered the new bride's chambers. Saanvi hesitated in walking through those gates but Subhadra, without any hesitation, ran inside.
When Saanvi entered the chamber, She saw the bride sitting on a low chair in front of a big mirror. Dushala was adjusting her dress, Subhadra was helping her wear jewellery and a few other ladies, and some daasis were finishing the decorations of the room.

The room was lit in diyas and smelled of fresh flowers. The lights were creating an illusion of perfect for the occasion.

Saanvi felt too awkward going to Draupadi, so she helped with the decorations.

Placing some diyas in one of the corners, Saanvi felt a laugh bubbling in her throat.
'Here she was decorating this chamber for the love of her life who was to celebrate his first wedding night with someone else!'
She chuckled.
'What games is my destiny playing?'

"Jiji! Come here and help braid Draupadi's hair!"- Saanvi was snapped out of her thoughts by Subhadra.
"Yes, sure."
Draupadi was the perfect bride. Her face was glowing like a bright moon on a dark night. Her tresses, long and dense, glowing with starry beads. Her eyes shy and her face flushed in anticipation of the coming events tonight.

 Her eyes shy and her face flushed in anticipation of the coming events tonight

"Saanvi Jiji does this hairstyle look good on her?"- Subhadra asked.

Draupadi was watching Saanvi with curious eyes as if she was asking her for validation.
'Huh! Why will she need my Validation. She has already won. She has my Yudhisthir!'- Saanvi thought.

"Draupadi, You are so pretty that any style would look good on you."- Saanvi finally replied with a small smile.
"But I think you should keep your hair open. It will give you a more appealing look."- Saanvi said.

"Okay Jiji. Will you help me with it?"- Draupadi asked.
'Even her voice was melodious and warm. Does this woman not have even a single flaw?'- Now Saanvi was frustrated.
But still she helped Draupadi get ready.

Now the bride and the chamber, both were ready for Yudhisthir.

It was then annouced by a dasi that Prince Yudhisthir will be entering the chambers soon.
Every women present there started giggling on this prospect.
Draupadi blushed deep.

But Saanvi was another story. Her body stiffened. She felt as if she was on fire. She felt as if her heart was struck with a thousand needles.
She could not bear it anymore.
She moved towards the gates and unnoticed by anyone, she ran away as fast as she could.

A/N: Enjoying the story? Happy reading!