27

It was already kind of late when Asami looked at her results once she got her grades, and it said there yu. It means that she got a really good grade and all left for her to see was the numerical equivalent of what she actually got. She closes her eyes before looking at the number beside it. She was very hesitant to check her grades and she can't believe that her grades would probably be one of the last things she sees before heading to bed with Ushijima.

Her final average for this year was 94 and it wasn't enough but she was still satisfied. Her abstinence and refusal to kiss her boyfriend for almost an entire two months(except for that one incident) worked. For the next year, her goal was to get a grade somewhere above 95 since she was an overly competitive person.

She sat on the wooden floor of her boyfriend's apartment since they planned to watch a movie for the night. Ushijima finally came home after training in their team's gym and he was home fresh, with a tiny plant on his left hand.

Kanai stands up to greet him and kiss him on the cheek but looks at what he was holding bizarrely.

She greeted, "Welcome home."

"I'm home." He responded. Kanai takes the bag on his shoulder and put it on the side. He goes to his room to change into a plain tee and boxers.

"Why's there a plant on your hand?" She finally asked him when he came out of his room, very curious about what he was up to with the green. He slips off his slippers and observed his windows.

"I bought it on my way home. It's a Cape Primrose, they're low maintenance." Ushijima explained to her and Kanai just formed an 'O' with her mouth.

Ushijima continued, "I thought of you that's why I bought it." He put the plant down somewhere elevated and nearby the window.

"Heh, you were thinking of me?" She asked with both her hands behind her. Ushijima rarely expressed himself verbally and his openly expressing about it gave her stomach butterflies.

His eyebrows scrunched together confused.  Did she mean that he doesn't think of her regularly? Or was she just happy?

"I always think of you if that's what you wanted to know." He said before watering it.

"I always think of you too. Just so you know." She answered back before standing beside him, watching the man water the plant.

"I don't have any knowledge when it comes to plants." Kanai shared.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Well, I know about tea leaves since my father acts like a king about his tea you know? Like what kind of teas make you feel better or help you with migraine and how long should you brew certain ones."

"My grandmother would like you." He told her and she was very flattered and scared at the same time too. Next week, his family would come to Tokyo to visit their only child and she was already nervous.

"Thanks."

"I don't know about my mother though." He really had to say it didn't he?

"Please babe, I am already scared. You look like the male version of your mother, you know gorgeous? Except she looks more intimidating." She said then sat down on the couch.

He followed after and sat beside her as a form of comfort. "She probably wouldn't like you since you claimed that you barely have knowledge of plants. I read that forming bonds is usually linked with interests." Kanai forgot that her boyfriend was actually a textbook kind of guy.

"How do you think we were able to form this kind of bond then? We didn't have similarities on stuff we're interested in or anything in common." She asked and it was true. What could have an architect major and a pro volleyball player would've had in common? Ushijima began to think and almost answered that one of the things they had in common was the university they both attended but that was stupid.