11

"Earth to Kanai Asami?" Kanai snaps out of her trance and looks at the owner of the voice.

What the hell did she just think of now?

"Huh? What happened?" She asked Ushijima who was sitting beside her on the boulder as they were under the stars.

"You were just talking about your father." He said and Kanai wanted to slap herself. What was happening to her?

She closed her eyes while her fingertips rubbed her temples in an attempt to calm herself. Then she said, "I am sorry I got so confused. I think I have a headache."

I think I have a headache? More like I think I like you too much and now I am delusional.

"Do you want to head back home?" He asks and the tone of worry was evident in his voice.

"No, maybe I just daydreamed." She was disappointed. Whatever it was that she just thought of, were just thoughts in the end. False reality.

"It's night."

"Heh." She laughs then looks back up at the sky.

He was getting worried though. She was just happy moments earlier and just sitting on some huge rock, it seemed that her entire mood was dragged down. She now lied and stared straight at the sky. He wants to cheer her up, but he doesn't know how.

"Hey Kanai-san, do you enjoy staring at the stars?" He asks.

"I wouldn't have brought you here if I didn't." She said and adds a dry laugh.

"Is something bothering you? I am willing to listen."

"It's- There's a guy you know?" You.

She continues, "I don't really want to talk about it." She said too soon to realize that she might imply she likes someone else, totally ruining any chances with him.

"Ah, okay."  He sounded sad.

Well, fuck, because she feels like she screwed up.

And he thinks that her boy problems are related to the one and only Oikawa Tooru. She did say before that she didn't reciprocate the boy's feelings but either way he still mattered to her. After all, if she were to have boy problems with the said setter, then it would have something to do about distance since he plays in another country. And it was only plausible since he saw them back when he was taking a jog around.

"It's not Tooru if you're wondering." She said and at least her chances were somehow redeemed. He surely felt relieved.

"You don't have to tell me who it is if you feel uncomfortable," Ushijima said while he looked down at the girl staring towards the heavenly bodies. All that mattered to him was her presence anyway, even if she did like someone else.

"Lie down, let's just look at the sky. I am still thinking of stories to tell."

Fuck it, I should've confessed.

Too bad she's lost the perfect timing.

"Please call me Asami." Then he looks at her again.

"Asami-san?"

"Hey drop off the -san. We've known each other for quite some time now and we're even the same age! Don't be so formal. I feel old when I am addressed by my surname and so formally, even if it's the standard here. Gosh I know I am growing old and ageing is inevitable but like I am still in my earliest twenties and-"

"Asami."

She checked to see if he was looking up before she covered her face with her hands to scream silently. She talked too much again.

Maybe she shouldn't confess just yet.

"In that case, please call me by my first name too."

The night they shared under the stars wasn't exactly what she shortly dreamt of. However, she felt as if they were just meant to be together, and he felt so too.

____________________

Their break was over now, and so was the volleyball league season of division one. Students started to return to their university lives without ease since no one wants to go back to study but they have to anyway, and Kanai Asami is not one of those students. She didn't exactly love Tokyo but she still liked it and she did miss the crowd. In fact, going back to study(probably Ushijima too was one of her main reasons) has her thrilled. It's been at least a normal 6 hours since she had arrived back at her apartment. Lying down on her bed, she pulls her phone out to message the one and only.

Sami-chan(+3+)♡:

Ushijima-kun, I am back at Tokyo and I am excited to see you again soon! What time today do you wanna have the drinks I promised??? (ㅊ3ㅊ)

He messaged back, that was quick.

Wakatoshi-kun(^ㅅ^):

I'll go there.

Sami-chan(+3+)♡:

Now???

Wakatoshi-kun(^ㅅ^):

Unless you want me to come later.
Later then??

Sami-chan(+3+)♡:

No
Come now, dork!!!

He reads the messages again and smiles to himself. He never dressed to look handsome, but today he decided to throw in some effort. It's been almost two weeks since he last saw her anyway. With the help from some of his most fashionable friends, he was able to dress up nicely(gorgeously), and of course, all that help came with a lot of teasing. Because who would put effort to look good when it isn't even a date?

Then he does realize, it isn't a date.

But he still dressed up anyway. Date or not, he just wants to be the best for Kanai Asami.

He doesn't pray to the gods that she finds the right person, he prays that he's the right person for her.

Now dressed in his button-down shirt, which exposed a part of his chest, sleeves neatly folded up to his elbows, and tucked in his pants, he dashes to a bus stop to get to her place while holding his coat. He regrets running because the little amounts of gel in his hair were now useless since it didn't hold his hair up anymore and some probably flew in the air already. The bus ride, however, was making him anxious. He ruffled his hair with his fingers and when he arrives at his stop, he speedwalks through the busy sidewalks to get to Kanai's apartment.

When he got to her door and knocked, she opens and a surprised expression is seen on her face. He could tell that she was blushing by how the tips of her ears turned red.

"Well, hello handsome~" And yes, her iconic red lips were back.

_____________

hahaha SikE;)