13

Asami sat on one of the wooden stools Wakatoshi had in his kitchen. She watched him do wonders and she was turned on by the fact that he could cook. He chopped the garlic cloves and then minced them. She wondered though,

"What's the garlic for?"

"Flavor. I don't have garlic powder."

"I've never had fried chicken with garlic." She tells him while her head hung on her palm.

"Then you'll have it later. It's for the sauce if you were wondering."

He continued to work in the kitchen and she decided to ask him questions.

"Wakatoshi-Kun?"

"Hmm?" He hums in reply and then looks up at her while he mixed the flour and other ingredients in the steel mixing bowl. This action gave her a good view of his toned arms.

"Why don't you like sweets?"

"Because it's sweet." She pouts, annoyed with the answer but if she were to be him and asked why she dislikes sweets, Asami would probably have the same answer.

"No fun. Why does Kageyama go to our university? I thought he straight-up went pro right after high school."

"He isn't a student, he just comes frequently to visit some friends. Like your younger friend, Yachi-san wasn't it?"

"Hmm, yeah. How about your friends from high school? Do you still keep in touch with them?" She asks another question while he proceeded with covering the chicken parts in the mixture.

"Yes, some of them invite themselves over when they have nothing better to do."

"Really? Wish I had lots of friends. Oh by the way I think I bought too much wine. I mean three bottles are too much right?"

"That's why the paper bag was heavy. We're just finishing a bottle, that's it."

"Aww. Fine, then can we eat in your living room? Let's watch a movie."

"Sure, but don't make a mess. You always make a mess when we eat."

"No, I don't. What movie would you like to watch?" She kept asking him questions and he is not bothered even by the slightest bit, and his willingness to listen and answer gave her comfort. She wishes he is her boyfriend.

"Maybe action's a good idea."

"Hey, Wakatoshi-kun?"

"What is it?"

"Thank you." She said and looked away to avoid his stare that would for sure turn her red.

"For what?"

"For not freaking out so much the first time we met. Although you did kind of freak out a bit, still."

"You're welcome then." He smiles at her and then proceeds to fry chicken

After cooking her fried chicken and making a salad to cleanse their palate afterwards, they went to his living room and sat on the floor, putting their food on the coffee table. She forgets to get the wine so she stands up to get the wine he left hidden behind some fruits on the countertop. She goes back to find him already browsing movies in the action category on Netflix.

"You know that I know that you purposefully left this hidden there right?" She said while her arms were crossed.

"I am thinking that you may become an alcoholic. I am pretty sure you loathe the thing you call beer belly."

"Come on! We're just drinking tonight and  the next will probably be the following month or something." She said and sat beside him. She took out her small hand sanitiser from her pocket and he held out his hands for her to spray on. They sanitized their hands before digging in.

They continued to eat and drink while watching the movie. They laughed at parts that were comedic and when the movie was done, Ushijima stood up to return the empty plates while Kanai wiped the table clean leaving the almost empty bottle and the two glasses. Sitting down while drinking the last sip, he comes back with another bottle of wine.

"I thought we were only drinking one bottle?" She smirks at him, which he found somehow amusing and it makes him flustered.

"It's still quite early."

"Sure give me that." She took the bottle and opened the cork with her grip.

He never ceases to be amazed by her. She was strong(really strong for someone so short), beautiful, and very kind despite her harsh behaviour towards some notable people ( for example, perverts). Spending time with her is one of the things he considers a blessing and he'll keep saying yes whenever she asks him out to do stuff. He'll do anything to stay beside her most of the time.

She pours herself a drink and pours him some too.

Feeling borderline drunk already, she says straightforwardly, "Come to think of it, our first kiss was at Kageyama's house."

They both turn red from the memory.

"Why did you bring that up?" He asks surprised by the sudden comment made by her.

"I am starting to get past tipsy and I am telling things that I just suddenly remember. You know every time I get drunk, I start going on random things right? Oh my god, I am drunk already aren't I?" She exclaims with a surprised expression while she put both palms of hers to each cheek.

"Control your alcohol first Asami, I want to tell you things while you can still process things."

"Shoot away, before I take another sip from this glass." She said then faced him, fully attentive to whatever he wanted to tell her. She takes another sip anyway.

"Hey wait-" He pauses to shake her up a bit as her eyelids slowly shut down. This was no wonder though because he only drank so little while she drank so much.

"I'm- I think we bought the wine, uh wine- high alcohol percentage- I'm-" She says, cutting herself in between sentences.  Not able to finish herself she lays her head against his chest.

"You smell nice." She tells him before completely passing out.

He sighed and then mumbled,

"I was going to confess, Asami."

So he carries her to his bed and tucks her in his blankets. He goes back to the living room to sleep the night on his couch.