15

Their walk to the bus stop was nothing special. Asami's journey to her home was nothing special too. Ushijima still couldn't find the right time to tell her his feelings and it has been a day since.

The students walk out of their Architectural Interior class and Asami walks outbidding her goodbyes to her friends. As she walked out, she finds Wakatoshi already waiting for her. This was a first.

So she walks up to him and greets him,

"Wakatoshi, what got you lingering around this building?" She asked him as they went together side-by-side to who knows where.

Then he tells her, "I came to tell you that I am spending my lunch with Tendou, Semi, and Shirabu. They're friends. Who would you be eating lunch with?"

That kind of question wasn't rude. He was just concerned about who she would be eating with since it her lunches had always been spent with him. Maybe this was a good opportunity for her since she wanted a little space from the six-footer and so. She's catching feelings.

"You came all the way here just to tell me that? You could've just texted me that instead, you know? If you're having lunch with your friends, I might spend today's lunch with Yachi, but she's probably busy. Or I could go with my classmates." She told him. They don't eat lunch together most of the time. Their schedules were different, but on days when their timetables align, they do have lunch together.

She hates large circles of friends but envies them too.

He takes something from his lunch bag and hands it to her. She willingly accepts the small rectangular box wrapped in purple cloth.

"I wanted to see you. Here, I hope you eat well. I'll see you later Asami." He told her and smiled before he leaves. Asami looks at the object she was holding and turns out it was a bento. She blushes hard and thinks,

Damn, now I'll be thinking of you for the entire day. Again.

And all there was to feel was the butterflies in her stomach and the need to squeal her feelings. She became a blushing mess from such a sweet gesture.

Meanwhile, Ushijima goes to the nearby ramen stand outside the campus. It was supposedly where he was to meet with his other friends and as he inches nearer and nearer, he spots the vibrant hairs of his teammates. One with ginger-coloured hair, a striking redhead, and an ash blonde with its tips dyed black. This trio was easy to spot in the crowd.

When Tendou sees the man walking, he puts both of his hands up in the air and waves at him.

"There goes miracle boy!" He says and the other two waves at him, signalling him to go there. Ushijima approaches and puts down his brown and olive green messenger bag before he sits down with them.

"Osu, let's eat! Ushijima's here!" Tendou tells them and they all began to order their food. Their orders came shortly and Shirabu notices the small black lunch bag Ushijima carried.

"Ushijima-san, you had lunch already?" He asks him before slurping a spoonful of the soy sauce-based broth and eating the kamaboko.

Ushijima finishes his first bite of noodles and then asks him back, "What do you mean?"

Semi didn't understand what was going on at first, but he catches on as soon as he sees the lunch box on his side. So he says, "It looks like you had lunch already Ushijima-san. Have you forgotten our mini hang-out already?"

Ushijima looks at where Shirabu's gaze was going and he finally notices that it was the lunch box.

"Oh." He says.

"Oh, my ass. When did ya eat lunch and why are you eating lunch again?" Tendou says and raises his brow.

"I didn't eat yet, I-"

"Liar." Tendou scoffs and shuts his eyelids while he crossed his arms. He was only joking though, and he peeked at how the miracle boy looked. Tendou knew something and started to form a provable theory.

"Let me finish. I made someone lunch-"

"Knew it!" Tendou cuts him off and the duo looks at their senior in confusion. He continues, "You made your girlfriend lunch didn't you?" and then smirks.

"Ushijima-san has a girlfriend?"
"I didn't know that."

"How did you know that?" Ushijima asks.

"You do have a girlfriend?" The three ask and he winces.

"No, I meant how did you know that I made her lunch."

"So you do have a girlfriend?" He didn't answer but sighed instead.

"Wanna know how I pass my tests this college?" Tendou covered his mouth and whispered. "I am the guessing monster."

The other three look at him seriously and he laughs.

"Haha, it's not that hard to guess you know? Besides, there is a strand of pitch-black wavy hair on the side of your arm's jacket that's Kanai Asami-san's. She's the only girl you ever spend your time with! And I've just put the dots together."

Well aside from guessing, he was also somehow observant.

"You even asked me what clothes to wear when you claimed that it was just a friendly date!" Ushijima chokes on his ramen and Semi hands him a glass of water.

Ushijima became pink.

"Ushijima likes someone?!"

"Wanna know what kind of date it was?" Tendou asked the other boys with them and wriggled his eyebrows. Ushijima was confused and didn't even know what was the answer to that question. And if it was a date, then it would be a fried chicken and movies date.

"What was it?" They asked.

"He texted me that they ate at his home!"

But the duo just became even more confused.

So Tendou bows down a little to whisper to them,

"It was late at night."

This message only implied one thing.

Semi blurts out his cola and thankfully it was in his cup. Who knew what kind of disaster would have happened if it were to be sprayed in the air?

"You're already sleeping with your girlfriend?" Shirabu discreetly whispered.

"Look, I don't have a girlfriend-"

"But you wanna sleep and be with her?" Tendou asks but Ushijima quickly corrects him.

"Marry her."

So the three had surprised looks on their faces and laughed.

"Kami-same, he's a lovesick puppy!"

"He wants to marry Kanai Asami!"

"Wait Kanai Asami as in the Kanai Asami?"

"Yeah, the pretty woman in the Architecture Department who beat up the high school bullies!"

"We should help Ushijima-san to get her to say yes!"

"Ushijima-san! We'll be helping you with her!" The three exclaimed and he felt happy.

"Thanks."