6

Kanai gets up from her bed. She thought that there was no way in hell she'd feel this comfortable. So she looks down at her clothes and gets red from embarrassment.

Did he change my clothes?

Fuck, he saw me naked?

Saw me naked or not, still thoughtful.

She slaps herself hard across the cheek but yells from the pain. Why the hell would she even think that? The yell that came from her mouth alerts someone else at her home. Her mother enters her room and asks,

"Morning sweetie, you okay?"

Kanai gave a sigh of relief before saying,  "Thank god it was you."

Deciding to mess around with her  daughter's thoughts she says, "I did something? I just arrived here around 6 in the morning."

"WHAT?"

"Kidding sweetheart. Obviously I'd be the one changing your clothes. That man last night was such a gentleman, I doubt he'd use you for such." Kanai threw a pillow to her mom's face but she catches it instead.

"Get up now kid, you need breakfast."

"Yes! Mom's cooking!"

When Kanai was done preparing herself for the day, she went down to the small dining room to eat breakfast. She knows for the fact that her mom's cooking wasn't top tier and that she misses her father's cooking even more. Still, she eats her mother's cooking not because she finally had a decent meal from such a long time, but because it brings so much memories from her home back in Miyagi.

Before Kanai could even pop in a cut of scrambled egg to her mouth, her mother tells her,

"I didn't know you liked guys who were into slapping balls than kicking them."

"Mom, I was never into guys who kicked balls, and it isn't slapping. It's spiking!"

"Ah, so you are into guys who spike balls? You did hangout a lot with the Seijoh team back then right? And Daichi-san?"

Kanai gets embarrassed and speaks even if there was still rice in her mouth. "Stop it mom! Can't you just talk about Daiki-kun?" She asks her mother about her younger brother.

"Oh my precious boy. You know he kept bugging me when you'd come back home! He doesn't even want to go here in Tokyo, he rather have you go there." As the conversation kept going, the more they ate.

"Really? Tell him to reconsider about making me go there when I have college to think about."

"Don't be so harsh on your brother. He's only 6."

"Yeah and our age gap totally makes him my son already."

"Your son my ass, you keep forgetting to brush his teeth!"

"Do you know what a 14 year age gap for me is like? When we go home to Miyagi everyone thinks you are my sister and that he is my son! Eew!"

"That's why we moved to Miyagi for good." Her mother giggled. "Besides, it's where your father and I met anyway."

"Anyway, what made you visit? I thought you were coming in tomorrow?"

"Simple, you tell your daughter that you are going home the other day but come in earlier! Who knows what secrets you've got to hide?" Her mother snickered.

"Hey, I am not secretiv-"

"You don't even call."

"I am busy!"

"Oh yeah? Busy drinking out? On a fucking Sunday night?"

"That's different mom!"

"Ugh, bratty as always. You take so much after your father. Drinking until  you pass out? Your father was like that anyway when he and I first met, but if he saw you right now you would be attending a reform school! He'll drag your ass!"

"That's an exaggeration."

"Not really. I came here to tell you that we're spending the last two weeks of next month in Miyagi. That's when the college kids take a break right?"

"What? I already have something planned that week."

"Since when did you make plans?"

"Since yesterday."

"Ah so you planned something with that boy huh? Is it a date?"

"No, it's not a date. I am going to watch his game."

"Can't you watch it on television instead?" She gives her mother a dreadful look. It's impossible talking with her.

____________________

"Hey." Kanai says as she sits down infront of Ushijima inside the canteen.

"Hello."

"I am soooo sorry!" She says.

"Why?" He stops eating his maki to ask her.

"I can't watch your game. I am going home to Miyagi around that week. Sorry. I'll still watch you on television though."

" . . .Miyagi?"

"Yeah."

"I live there too."

"What?"

"I am from Shiratorizawa. Remember?" Right. Oikawa's rival from a rival school.

"Wow I'm so forgetful! I'm from Aoba Johsai so we were like neighboring schools!"

"Not really. Miyagi is too big."

"Almost neighbor schools then. So... uh, yeah?"

"Alright, stay safe." Not knowing what to say anymore, Ushijima stands up to leave the table. He wasn't upset with her. He just had to go early to his next class with a strict professor.

"Hey sit down asshole! Wait for me!" He listened and waited for her to finish her meal.

"I am confused." Ushijima confessed.

"Huh? Why?"

"You eat vegetables and fruits on a regular basis, so I assume you're vegan. There's no traces of meat or any signs of animal cruelty on your daily meals, yet how come you ate chicken drumsticks the last time we drank together?" She sighed heavily. She thought he was going to say something else.

"If you haven't figured it out then I won't tell you." She winks at him again before taking another bite of her tofu. Asami would rather have a meal made from vegetables that were easy to prepare rather than takeouts and frozen meals.

"Alright. Are you done yet? I am heading to my class by 1:30."

"Hang on!"

____________________