12

Fuck. He's hot, he's caring, and he's cute too. Asami couldn't stop thinking about the way Ushijima Wakatoshi looked the moment he knocked her door. When they were out for drinks, he'd usually just be in a shirt and some pants with a jacket to top it all over. This Ushijima looks way hotter than usual and she tells herself that when he's dressed up, he looks a million times hotter.

Wakatoshi couldn't help himself but be anxious. She kept looking at him and he couldn't help but wonder if he looked weird or something was wrong with the way he dressed up. Deciding to not be anxious any longer, he asked,

"Is there something on my face?"

"No, I am just trying to imprint the way you look tonight on my brain. You're really extra handsome today you know?" She said and felt embarrassed. She asks herself why she doesn't have the filter other people have.

He turns red from the compliment though.

"Thanks."

"Why did you dress up?" She asked and her mind made up several depressing answers such as him wanting to pick up some chick in the resto-bar or wanting to look good for the ladies.

He puts a hand on his nape feeling himself get warmer and answers, "N-nothing."

She just hopes that she would not become some wingman tonight, and obviously, he will not do that and pick up random chicks.  He is way far from being a playboy and he's too soft to do such things.

"Hmph. You stuttered you know? Is there a girl?" She asked, dying to know if he liked someone else and she prepared for his answer if there was a girl he liked.

Dude if you like someone, you have to be subtle.

He remembered Tendou's advice.

"Yes. . . ?" Okay she lied. She said she was prepared for his answer but she felt like bursting into tears. She never liked someone as much as she did him.

"Ah. . . I bet she's really lucky then."

"No, I am lucky." He said and softly stared into her eyes. This attempt of his to flirt with her only pierced her heart even more instead of making it beat crazy, but she's had enough of men breaking her heart (her father's death was her first heartbreak). So instead she walked faster to get to Midori's resto-bar, the place where they usually drink, only to find the place packed with several students.

Too bad she did not take the hint.

"Excuse me, aren't there any more seats?" She asked the young man who was assisting everybody who was in line trying to get a seat.

"I'm sorry ma'am we're already full." He said while Wakatoshi caught up and was now behind, being protective of her from the crowd that has formed outside.

"Oh no. What do we do now?" She looked up behind her and asked him.

"Let's go somewhere else." He said. He pulls her away from the crowd by holding her wrist, but she holds his hand instead and his heart skips a beat. They walk towards an open space and take a rest on the steel bench.

When they sat down, they immediately let go of each other. Asami pouted, "This is bad, I am supposed to treat you to drinks! Only Midori sells the best drinks and chicken here."

So he asks her, "Have you had dinner yet?"

"No."

"You're telling me that you don't eat before we drink every time we go out?" He asked along with a surprised tone.

"That's actually my dinner you know? A bucket of chicken, cola, then alcohol."

He stands up and then tells her, "Let's have proper dinner then. My treat."

"But I am supposed to treat you today."

"You'll pay for the drinks."

Asami looks at him with awe. When she heard that it was his treat she immediately stood up and trips because her heels got stuck for a split second. However, she catches herself before he could even.

"Be careful." He says. He offers his hand for her to hold and she politely declines.

"It's okay, I can manage my heels." She told him even if she did want to hold his hand. It was all because she still felt melancholic about the fact that her crush likes someone else. She would have held his hand if he didn't tell her that he liked someone.

Yet if there's one thing everyone must know about him, then it's that he's brutally honest.

"I want to hold you."  He says out of the blue and doesn't even realize his own bluntness at first, but it eventually comes along. "But you're alright now. . . right?" He asked her then put his hand down. She nods hiding her regret about not holding his hand. She becomes confused by his words and thinks that maybe she should keep some distance.

"Yeah." She responded and laughed nervously.

As they walked away to someplace better, he tells her, "I figured out why you don't eat meat when we're studying and eating in school."

"Really?" She said and even had a smug look on her face.

"You can't cook." Right then and there, her pride shatters.

He continues, "I'd like to cook for you this dinner if it's alright with you."

He's way too surreal. He can't be this perfect.

Whenever someone tells her that they will cook for her, she never forgets them. Apparently, a way to her heart is probably through her stomach. Anyone who has fed her with their own culinary skills has made a special impact on her life.

"Really? You will cook dinner for me?"

"I think I made myself clear. Unless you prefer to eat somewhere else?"

"No, let's go! But I don't have decent food at home."

"Let's go to mine."

Their short trip to the grocery store had caught some of the people's attention. It's not every day that you see a really tall person out with someone who seems like they're both on a date or a couple buying groceries for their home. Wakatoshi stops walking in the middle of the aisle and holds her wrist to prevent her from walking any further.

"What do you want to eat?" He asks her. She moves to the side dragging him along to not block the isle from other people passing by.

"Can you make fried chicken? Please?"

____________________

if I do write another fanfic of a haikyuu character with an oc, who should it be?