Chapter 27: I Don't Deserve You

Start from the beginning

Before we made it to the door it slammed open revealing a small boy, who looked the absolute double of Jace.

Then I remembered the pictures he showed me when we first met, how all of their names begin with a J which I find extremely cute.

"Uncle J" The little boy squealed running straight towards Jace.

He let go of my hand as picked up Jacob, both held a massive grin in their face.

Jace tossed him over his shoulder and ruffled his hair making Jacob swat it away and he grumbled about how long it took him to get his hair to the perfect style today.

"Who's that"

Bith boys looked at me, Jacob looked confused and Jace smiled "That is Hope, ¿No es impresionante?"

He nodded his head enthusiastically and shot me a wink which looked more like a blink.

Kids got game.

"It's nice to meet you Hermosa" he struggled to get out of his uncle's arms, nearly falling in the process.

"It's nice to meet you too"

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" my eyes widened and Jace laughed.

Oh, I love that laugh.

"Jacob, no puedes andar pidiendo a la gente que sea tu novia, tienes ocho años, perdón" (Jacob you can't go round asking people to be your girlfriend, you're eight years old for god sake)

A tall woman approached us, thick long black hair and sparkling green eyes. She walked over to her son and gave him a quick kiss on the head then looked over to me.

"You must be Hope, yes my little brother talks about you all of the time" She smirked over at Jace who just gave her a deadpan look.

"All good things I hope"

"Well I wouldn't take you as a gang leader that's for sure, and yes I know about that too"

Well, I shouldn't be surprised really, it's not exactly easy to keep secret, especially from family.

Jacob gave his mum a hug then turned around to face me and started jumping up and down.

"Can we bake a cake?" He asked me cheerfully.

"I don't see why not"

Jasmine said her goodbyes, kissing both boys on the cheek and gave me a quick hug before dashing away for her date.

Well, she seems nice.

We walked into the kitchen, Jacob running over to the fridge in excitement as Jace took a seat at the table.

"So what cake are we making?"

"Definitely has to be chocolate"

"I couldn't agree more, come on let's get the ingredients"

I helped pick out all of the ingredients to bake a chocolate cake, lifting Jacob up for him to reach which he was beyond happy about. We washed our hands and started measuring and mixing the flour, eggs, sugar, butter, and cocoa powder.

Jace quickly left the room after he was silently watching us, a gleam in his eye every time Jacob and I would laugh together.

"I think my brother likes you" He whispered.

"What makes you say that?" I poured the mixture into a cake tin, leaving Jacob to lick the bowl.

"Because you're pretty, and I've never seen him with a girl"