He kept his eyes on Poppyfoot, but something was wrong. Poppyfoot's eyes grew wide and her fur stood up high. The two warriors beside her began to cower slightly in fear. Beside Wolfspirit, Mistfur quietly hissed, "Why aren't they drawing them out?"

Wolfspirit readied his haunches and so did Mistfur, Dovefeather, and Chivewhisker. Slowly, from above, Wolfspirit could see two foxes emerge from below, their long snouts pulling back teeth. Poppyfoot and her group pulled away, their tails bushing. Something's wrong. This fear... they shouldn't be this scared. He could smell their fears from above and he knew the other cats could smell it, too. "Everyone, get ready to leap," Wolfspirit murmured under his breath, unsheathing his claws.

Poppyfoot's group had a certain border to pass before they let out the alarm to let Wolfspirit's group fly down. But they backed up quicker to it and the two BoulderClan cats cried out the alarm. But Poppyfoot didn't, and with her amber eyes as wide as moons, she cried, 

"WOLFSPIRIT! THERE'S THREE, NOT TWO!"

Just as the three bodies of the foxes emerged, ready to rip Poppyfoot's small patrol, Wolfspirit cried to his patrol, "Dovefeather, stick with Mistfur's fox! Chivewhisker, you and I are taking on the other two alone!" Chivewhisker and I are heavier to keep those foxes at bay. That's when Wolfspirit leaped off the stone, letting out a loud battle cry, puffing out his pelt to make him look bigger. The foxes looked up to the flying cats but not quick enough, as the cats fell upon them. Wolfspirit dug his claws into the shoulder of the first fox. Chivewhisker took the fox in the middle, and Dovefeather and Mistfur clung unto the remaining fox. There were three foxes, not two. Very easily things could've gone wrong. Wolfspirit thought as he held on tight to the fox below him.

All three foxes let out cries and tried to shake off the cats above them. Wolfspirit threatened, "I will not let you go!" His hind claws pierced into the back of the fox and his teeth caught hold of the fox's ear. He positioned himself specifically not to be easily thrown off. Chivewhisker had sunk his teeth into the neck of the beast, the large, senior warrior keeping his hold tight. Mistfur was practically burying his claws into the cheeks of the fox, while Dovefeather kept her claws in the hind legs of the fox, the two warriors stifling the fox.

Wolfspirit's fox shook violently, desperate to get him off. That's when the two parties of ambushers joined them, their fangs out and their claws ready to slash. Wolfspirit and his fox were more to the left, so the left party split up, one half attack his fox, the others go for another. A blur of claws and teeth erupted below Wolfspirit, but the black tabby tom made sure he did his part.

Wrapping his front paws around the beast's neck, he then viciously buried his claws and raked the fox's throat to the best of his ability, the moving creature making it harder for him to stay on top. The fox tossed his head left and right, spraying blood unto Wolfspirit's face. "Gah!" he gaped, almost losing his footing. His life flashed before his eyes, seeing his body being ripped apart by the fox.

But he calmed himself down. I know myself better than this. I'm much stronger than this fox alone! He remembered the battle at the Shiny Shore, remembering taking down many DriftClan warriors. I must stay on this fox until it runs! I CAN DO THIS! 

Already, two cats were killed by his fox. One was a BoulderClan cat, while the other was Lichenface. His blood boiled and with a fury, he didn't know he had, he took a chance. Gritting his teeth, Wolfspirit stretched out his paws and with the strength, he mustered together his sharp claws and raked them through the eyes of the fox. Wolfspirit glanced up, seeing the two foxes running away quickly, the cats chasing after them. But his stubborn fox wouldn't go. That was until Wolfspirit slashed its eyes.