1.28 I know what you did in the dark.

Psychologically speaking, vengeance rarely brings the catharsis we hope for Harley Quinn.

                                    Isabella's P.O.V

"Leo!" I sit up and look around, disoriented.

I am in a basement that has been set up like a prison. It is dark, but I can see everything thanks to my vampire's abilities. I stand up slowly and look around. I can't move that far on this cell. The bed they put me in was thin and cheap but felt new and smelled clean.

Suddenly, the door to the basement opens, and the light blinds me, making me let a small yelp as I fall on the mattress in a sitting position, covering my eyes with my arm.

"Sorry if I startle you, bloodsucker," the hunter says, walking down the steps slowly as if that would prolong the tension.

I recognize the voice. He had been one slayer who had saved my life and asked me to join their cause. 

"Are you?" I ask with sarcasm, still sitting on the mattress.

"Nope, not really. You know, for a vampire, you scare easily," he says with a smirk as he stands in front of my cell.

"You know I was recently turned into an immortal,"

"Yes... Unfortunately," there's an edge to his tone. "Do you think it is too late to say I told you so?"

I grit my teeth together and try to control my anger. "Yes, it is. I would have never joined your stupid bully group-"

"Bully group!" he snaps, holding onto the bars of my cell. "Are you serious?"

I stand up slowly and walk towards him but wait to get close. "Yes, bullies. My parents were good at their job. You knew vampires would eventually target them, and yet you did nothing to protect them!"

"This is rich; now that you fell in love with the person who ruined your life, you're shifting the blame to us?"

"I always blamed you," I spit.

"We watched over you, we protected you--"

"Not an excellent job then," I interrupt him.

"We have had this conversation before. Your parents would only let us near the house once they left to hunt for the night. That's why by the time we came to the house, it had been too late-"

I turn around and wipe a tear that slides down my cheek. "What do you want?" I murmur, changing the subject.

"Well. I want you to talk to Lilith," I purse my lips.

"Does she know I am a vampire?"

"No, me and the other Slayers think Lilith would just try to kill you, BUT we have been working on a cure." I laugh.

"Being a vampire is not a sickness."

"So you say now."

"So you want me to agree to be experimented on-"

"That's going to happen regardless. We want you to convince Lilith that it is what you want." The hunter put the key in the cell, and I watched him expectantly. 

"Why don't you experiment on me without telling her? My sister can't know what I have become."  The hunter opened the cell wide without fearing I would run away. That is his mistake, not mine. I take a tentative step to prepare to run.

"Bullets don't-"

 That's when he shot me in the stomach.  I fall on my knees suddenly as my stomach is on fire; I am burning from the inside out. "Oh, I forgot to tell you, the treatment to try to get you human again is excruciating," he says tauntingly, knowing what I was about to say.