1.11 Complicated.

"Well," Lexi says with an angry tone

"Well," Lexi says with an angry tone. "For a moment there, I thought you would be a good girl and go to class instead-"

"You know who killed my parents... It's the reason why I'm in the school."

Lexi howls with laughter. "You don't believe I lured you into the woods to tell you?"

"Oh come on, even in the movies, the evil bitch tells the plan before killing the main character-"

"How does that end for the bad guys again?" Lexi tugs upwards, the left side of her lips matching the color of blood, creating a sinister smirk on her face. I try to prepare for a battle but need to do it faster. Lexi wipes the smile from her face, her actions a blur. I can't even make out her next move. One minute, she was across from me; the next, her hard hands were wrapped around my neck. She looks me up and down, scrunching up her face in disgust.  "What on earth does he see in... you?"

"Who?" I ask with curiosity.

I lift my hand, already forming a fist, and direct it straight to her throat. Lexi stumbles backward, letting go of my neck efficiently, giving me room to breathe.

"Leo," Lexi growls.

I sigh. "I thought killing on school grounds is against the rules-"

Lexi looks around with purpose. I don't follow her gaze as I get myself in a position to fight. "Seems to me we are not on school grounds. The headmistress can't control what happens here. You know the headmistress has been on to you from the beginning? Some meetings tell us vampire about you-"

"How nice,"

"Oh, it is. You know, for a slayer, you are pretty stupid. Why would you willingly walk into a building that's full of vampires without even backup -"

"Well, first of all, I am not a slayer. I work alone. Second of all, not so stupid as I have food, clothes, a place to live-"

"For a short time. Why would you trust vampires over slayers is beyond me-"

"I don't," I say through gritted teeth. "Will you tell me who killed my parents, or will we talk all night?"

Lexi snickers. "I lure you here to kill you. Do you know what the funny thing is? I got paid to kill you when I would have done it for free."  

"Who sent you? Is that the same vampire that killed my parents?"

Lexi smirks, and her fangs elongate. "That's for me to know--"  

Again, I don't see her leg lift until her foot contacts with my stomach hard, making me grunt. My legs leave the ground, and I fly backward until a tree stops my small flight, hurting my back. The force of the tree on my back pushes me forward, making me fall on all fours. I groan and try to stand up, but Lexi's leg connects with my stomach, making me lift from the air a little bit, twirl around with the force, and fall on my back on a bed of leaves. I stand up slowly, allowing Lexi to be in front of me again with an evil sneer.