1.5 Normal Routine

5:30 Am

After finishing in the bathroom, I quickly shower and start working on my hair. Walking out of the bathroom, I notice several things on my bed - books, notebooks, pens, pencils, and a note. It annoys me how she always manages to do that as if she has some magical power. However, I know better. Since she is a vampire, she can move without making any sound. I walk towards the bed and pick up the note:

 Your locker number is 754. You have time between classes to get the book for each class and keep the rest in your locker. You brought you more clothes, makeup, and essentials.

Good luck on your first day.

Elena HeadMistress,

As I am getting ready for school, I discovered some fresh clothes and new jeans in my closet. I opted for a skinny blue pair of jeans, a white tank top, and my mom's leather jacket. Although I had plenty of shoes, I decided to wear my lucky boots. After collecting all my books, notebooks, pencils, pens, and the school map, I headed toward my locker. While walking towards my locker, I was distracted by a buzzing noise that I soon realized was coming from the area where vampires and humans were waiting. Humans were allowed to enter the room freely, but vampires had to wait in line. Curious, I walked straight in without waiting in line. As I entered the room, a girl seated by the desk handed me a paper without looking up.

Cubicle 3

I was walking towards my cubicle when I suddenly heard a whisper, "Which cubicle are you going to be in?" Startled, I jumped and let out a shriek. Turning around, I saw Leopold standing behind me, looking amused. I tightly clutched my books to my chest. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," he said. He briefly laid his eyes on me before turning towards the cubicles and then back to me. "You are donating blood, right?"

As soon as I read the paper, I crumple it and throw it in the trash. Leopold follows me towards my locker and says, "No need to worry; we don't take blood by force. It's one of the annoying rules this school has. Humans have to volunteer their blood."

I stop and turn to look at him. "So what was yesterday?"

"I was asking for your blood," he responds.

"So, if I would have said yes?" I ask, leaning in closer to Leopold to hear his answer.

Leopold crowds me, and I retreat with every step he takes to shorten the distance between us.

"I would have tasted your blood," Leo says, roaming my body again in a way that should be illegal.

I turn around and stare at my locker, wondering about security-like locks.

"No need for locks. No one in the school is stupid enough to break the rules."

"Glad to know that this vampire school has standards," I murmur, putting my stuff inside except for the ones for my first class; then I close the locker and walk towards the cafeteria.

"Oh, come on! Vampires are not the salvages you believe us to be."

"Sure,"

I wait in line for food. I pick light food, while Leopold selects blood.

"There are human serial killers; would that make you hate humans as well?" Leopold says, keeping up his steps with me.

I sit down and eat breakfast while Leopold sits beside me, drinking his blood.

 "So. What classes do you have?" He says, looking into my stuff.

"The classes the headmistress gave me looked like high school classes. Which I'm sure you don't have-"