1.21 Vampire Life

I slowly make my way to my dorm. My eyes scan the room, hoping no one has noticed me yet. I am looking behind me when I bump into Eon.

His eyes scan me, staring more than he should at the parts that our showing skin reminding me I am only wearing a long shirt. Slowly, his lips turn into a soft and gentle smile.

"Bella?" he whispers, too surprised to speak out loud. He's looking at me as if I just got a new haircut or went into one of those shows where they do a before and after. He's looking at me as if I just did a new makeover. "Who turned you?" There's a smile on his face.

My face contorts into a wince and I can't look at him for a second. "Leopold Zach," I say with disgust.

"You sound as if you hate Leopold," his tone is full of disbelief as if hating Leopold should be something impossible.

If I was honest with myself I should be in a state of rage like I was yesterday, but all of a sudden I can be mad at him, but the thought of hating him... Seems impossible.

"Why wouldn't I hate him now?" I ask with curiosity.

"Leo is your maker. He sired you. A bond forms when you create a vampire. You instantly become family. If you don't feel love for him instantly, the least you should be feeling for him right now is awe."

I find myself smiling as finally, I can understand why it was so easy to kiss Leopold, why it was so easy to forget what he did. That jackass was smart. I can see Eon is jealous.

"How do you know?"

"I turned my few shares of girls," he has the decency of looking embarrassed. "I turned a few girls against their will just to make the conquest easy." I glare at him in disgust. He kept talking looking embarrassed. "I ended up releasing them to cut down the bond. They... They got too clingy."

"What do you mean by releasing them?"

"I cut the bond, look at it this way.  If you turn someone into a vampire because you see them as a sister or family. Then when you release them, it would be as disowning them. If you turn someone into a vampire for romantic reasons, well it would be like a breakup but a thousand percent more emotional."

"Doesn't that hurt?" I ask almost in a murmur.

All of a sudden I am not the most interesting Eon finds everything around him more interesting than me. "Yes... It actually depends on how big the feeling for the vampire that sires you is and vice-versa... For me, it didn't hurt that much-"

"And for them?" my voice is barely audible at this point. I never thought Eon was this big of a jerk.

"I never stayed with them to find out," Eon murmurs.

"Eon... That's awful. Just to have sex with a hard-to-get girl?"

He nods slowly. "I was-" He starts and I had enough of him. It was like the go-to excuse.

"Different. Yeah Yeah. You are a whole brand new vampire now," I say sarcastically.

"I know it sounds lame Isabella. But I have been a vampire for a long time. You are not perfect when you are first turned. Everything is new and exciting and you can do things you could never do as a human. You learn from your mistakes by doing them."

I feel sick. What if Leopold does the same?  "Get out of my face Eon."

Eon leans against the wall as he grimaces, there's a plead behind the grimace. "Are you going to judge me for my past actions?"

"I can't answer right now. I just need to be alone."

Eon nods and starts to walk away towards his dorm. What he did to those girls was awful. I turn around and go back towards Leo's dorm. Talking to Eon has made something clear, he turns girls to get them to fall in love with him the cheap way. I wasn't even listening to Leopold yesterday and suddenly his you leave me no choice makes sense. He turned me into a vampire to force me to forgive him and he's going to admit that to my face!