1.14 What's a broken heart?

Leopold has lost too much blood already. I can see he's about to lose consciousness. "Isabella-" I don't let her finish. I slide my legs under her, making her lose balance. I grab the gun from her holster and put it at her head, looking at the slayers pointing their guns at me.

"Leave now, or I will kill her, and then we'll have ourselves a party-"

"Then it will be two wasted lives. But we outnumber you, Isabella Hathaway-"

"No. Vampires should be on their way here. As we can see, Isabella lies and sends the girl for help. You guys leave. Wait for me."

"But-"

"I am the one in command! You obey me in this mission. Leave!" They all do. I stand up slowly, motioning for the girl to stand up.

"You should go too."

She looks towards Leopold. I stare at the girl, afraid that If I look at Leo, she'll use that distraction. "What about him," she spits disdain.

"I'll take care of him like I promise. The more you entertain me, the later it would be for that."

"Will you join us after?"

"No. I do not like the way you handle things-"

"I told you-"

"Leave!" She turns. "Wait! Give me a knife," I say with a delicious smile.

She gave me a crooked smile in return and ran into the woods. I wash until I am sure she's gun, then run to Leopold's sides, breaking him off his chains.

Leo groans, and his body slums. I stare at him warily. I have not saved a vampire before. What do I do? I took the knife and cut my wrist. A yell escapes my lips. I open Leo's mouth and let the blood pour into his mouth. Nothing happens at first, but as I let the blood fall to his mouth, eventually, Leopold groans, and his mouth moves. I get closer, and he grabs it weakly and bith into the open wound. I yelp in surprise at the pain of being bitten. Leopold moans in response, and I feel him slowly becoming more robust.

Suddenly, I am filled with the most glorious contentment and warmth. I feel myself getting a happiness I have never achieved, a personal nirvana I never wanted to leave. I sit next to Leopold, watching him with a drunken-like smile.

Leopold holds onto my wrist harder and drinks greedily; I see him healing slowly. I smile. For the first time in my life, I am willingly giving blood to a vampire, which wasn't enough; I am smiling at the act. The more he drinks, the weaker I get.

Eventually, I swayed and fell to the floor. Leopold only moves to accommodate me without letting go of me. I am swimming in a pool of pleasure, and suddenly, in a carefree place, all my worries disappear, and the voice tells me he's drinking more than he was supposed to be.

I close my eyes, almost losing consciousness. And that's when he stops. A drunken-like giggle escapes my lips, making me giggle more. I am drunk with endorphins. I can feel why people go for drugs. For once in my life, I am happy. I open my eyes softly and notice Leo staring at me with a wary expression. I smile, hoping he can give me more. I want to stay in this place of worry-free happiness forever.

"I-I'm so sorry..." he mutters, still weak. This feeling was better than being drunk. Not that I knew the feeling; I had never been drunk, but I knew I wasn't in control of my feelings right now. I closed my eyes, enjoying this happiness.

Suddenly, I feel like I am flying; I am lifted off the ground, which makes me giggle. Leo chuckles in response. I open my eyes to stare at him, and he gives me a sheepish grin.

"Are you ok?"  I giggle and open my mouth to say that I am more than okay, but my vision blackens, and I fall into darkness. "Oh, that girl got me good, but if it gets me your blood, I can endure that type of torture again," his tone goes dark at the mention of torture, like a promise for revenge.