2.12 The Faker

No one can't rewrite the stars...

                                                                         LEO'S P.O.V

All I feel is anger; all I feel is hate towards my maker. My purpose has always been to be Adak's killer and to live in darkness and at his disposal. And I know I am trying so hard to let darkness rule my heart. That way, I can hide the truth from myself and Adak for Isa's sake.

To add the cherry on top. My brother is here. That's not the surprising part since he comes into my life every other decade to fuck things up with my already fuck up life, but I have never had something in my life for him to get under my skin. Only when Isabella Hathaway.

If Hector decides to play his stupid games and involve Isabella, I might have to kill him; after a few seconds alone with her, finally, the girl was angry at me, and not the fake anger she does where she thinks it gets to me. No, she was furious to the point of giving up on me.

 I groan and go towards Isabella's made-up bar at the school, grab a glass with a bottle of vodka, and serve myself a cup.

Angela grabs a bottle of tequila and stares at me for a long moment. I pour myself another glass. I am not going to initiate a conversation with her.

"Mind if I sit next to you?" I shrug and drink another glass. Angela grabs a shot glass and sits next to me, pouring herself alcohol and coughing as soon as she drinks it, making me chuckle. "Shut up." That makes me laugh harder. She smiled at me and gave herself another shot. "Could I ask you something?" Angela's voice is timid as if she fears the answer.

"Shoot," I say, encouraging her as I pour myself more vodka. 

"Are you and me-" She starts, and I drink another glass of alcohol before answering her.

"No." 

I think it would be better to be honest now. 

Angela sighed and turned her body towards me, drinking another shot without coughing this time.

"Why?" Her voice quivers as the words are out.

"You know why?" I murmur for the first time, feeling like a jackass.

I shouldn't have brought her back with me; kissing her to make Isabella jealous was the worst mistake of my life.

"You know I was talking with Isabella, and she told me she wasn't going back with you. One reason why is because she's already dating someone--"

I close my fist around the bottle of vodka, breaking it. Pieces of glass stick to my hand, and I take them off while I glare at Angela. She takes the hint and stops talking. "Stay away from Isabella--" My voice has become more animal than human. "Who is she dating?"

"You can't tell me to stay away from Isabella. She's my friend-" Angela starts to say.

 I hiss at her. "You and I both know that sentence is a lie. You wouldn't have left with me if you were truly her friend. The only reason why you are here is that I am back, and you have decided to keep her away from me. You lived a year with Carmel and me, so you know better-"

"You're right. You can't stop me from making sure Isabella stays clear of you-" Angela says with bravery I never saw before.

"I will kill you and make it look like an accident in Isabella's eyes." This time, she gulps straight from the tequila bottle.