1.26 Memories

Leopold's P.O. V

Well, Fuck! I am in love. This is my first as a vampire. Another first would be feeling helpless.  From the first moment I met Isabella, I let my guard down and became stupid. I underestimated her charming personality.

I should've known better than to let what I felt for her grow; I assume it was because she intrigued me. Yet I allowed Isabella Hathaway to steal my heart right before me.

Knowing that would weaken her, I told Isabella not to develop feelings, yet I ignored my advice. It is not safe to care about someone when you're a vampire. I lived centuries by that critical rule. Something always comes and crushes it down, and it's a weakness you don't want to have.

My feet are creating a path as I move from one side to the other, trying to devise a plan. I need to get Isabella out of this mess. I promised her that I would make her happy... This is how loving someone contacts you.

"FUCK!" I growl.  

Deep down, I know that I am not thinking straight. Just thinking about Isabella in the hands of those filthy slayers will make me reckless. The correct action right now is to tune Isabella out and stay put. Just as the thought came, I discarded it. That would break me. I can't let her suffer like that because I fell in love with her.

The only reason Isabella is punished by killing a human is that Adak wanted her to suffer. I focused mainly on her, whereas Adak was in my head, reading my feelings for her. My mind takes me back to where I first met Isabella Hathaway...

* * * *

I stood outside the house watching it with a smirk on my face. I have already done my share of scouting the place. The hunters had dinner every night, got their daughter to sleep, and watched her while they went out and hunted us. But before dinner, they were alone with their daughter.

It was raining, just a sprinkle at first, cold and wet. Drops of water trickled down my body as I stood there, my gaze fixed on the house and the movement inside, savoring the victory of killing two of the most skilled hunters in the slayer world and making sure their line dies with them, the little girl has to go too. After this, nothing will stop us; soon, we'll reveal ourselves to the world to conquer them, even if no slayer is left standing. This insignificant victory will make Adak powerful...

Ok, fun over. Time for work. I walk towards the house, lift my leg, and kick the door as hard as possible. Wood splintered, and there was a crack sound as the door flew back, leaving the house wide open for me.

The two hunters stood side by side in a fighting position, and fierce looks mirrored each other's faces. This would have been romantic if I hadn't found it hilarious. 

The guy made the mistake of breaking the formation and came at me. I duck the punch he throws at my face, grabbing his wrist with one hand and his leg with the other one, and I pick him on and throw him away towards the living room as hard as I can, making him collide with a wall then he falls to the floor with a weak groan of pain. He should be out of commission for a minute.

The woman comes at me with eyes that describe fury. I lift my legs and kick her in her stomach hard, making her fall to the floor on her ass. She pushes her legs, rolls back, grabs the stake from the back of her pants simultaneously, and stands. I have to give her props secretly. She was good. She jumps slightly and throws a kick at my stomach; I block it efficiently with my right hand. She grunts as my hands make contact with her leg. She throws a punch towards me, and I duck before her hands connect with my face. She swirls around with a stake, ready to punch it on my chest. I grab her wrist and turn, making her drop the stake. I hit her in the face a few times while holding onto her wrist. I swirl her around and throw her to the floor hard. I don't give her time to recover; I grab her by her neck with one of my hands as her husband runs towards me. I hold onto his neck with my other hand.