2.30 No pain last forever

There's no pain that lasts a thousand years and the body that will tolerate it.

Just after ten hours of Leo's punishment, he went back to the dorm room and took it away without apologizing. He sat down with me and told me the rules of being a vampire a little year too late, but there it was.

Alice was consumed by guilt for killing my bartender. She would drink, give me this puppy lost eye look, open her mouth, then close it back down, then gulp a big gulp of vodka. Today was one of those days.

"Alice is ok. I don't hold it against you. Truly. You didn't know my accurate story with the bartender. I was vague about what I felt for him." I wince and drink big gulps of vodka. It is not like I treated him fairly when I turn my feelings off.

"Isa," she gasps out. "Be honest with me... Were you in love with him?" 

I laugh spitting the vodka I just manage to put in my mouth. "No, the only reason I had sex with him was that I didn't have any emotional feelings with him and he was just like a toy for me. He was important because of the way he was there when no one else was, but he wasn't that important. I love him, yes, but it's like a family love type of thing."

"I am so sorry. I truly didn't know you have people that special to your heart. I just assume it has been just Leo-"

"And you," Alice smiles and lets out a breath of relief I didn't know she was holding. "Honestly Alice, it is ok. I am not mad at you, you didn't do it on purpose and you didn't know how loyal he was to me, you were trying to protect me-"

"I know you're not mad. That is who you are. But I don't want our friendship to become toxic, I don't want to be another Leopold in your life."

 I wince at the remark but give her a reassuring smile. "Well, I forgave Leo about my parents because technically he was following orders, he didn't know me back then and he apologized. He was ordered to kill me so I get the whole turning me into a vampire thing because that's technically killing me. So if I forgave Leo for those atrocities. You killing a bartender that was there where no one was... Is nothing in comparison. Really, I will never hold it against you." 

Alice puts a hand around my neck and hugs me. So we just drink-

"Have any room for me?" In an instant, Alice and I were on our feet in full alert waiting for Hector. "Isa... I know I don't have the right to ask after everything I put you thru and you might not believe me, but I do owe you an apology. I am truly really sorry. After Hector turned me into a werewolf my feelings for Leopold die and I started to realize how wrong I was towards you."

I start to smile and take a few tentative steps towards her until Alice puts a hand on my arm and pulls me back, not trusting Angela the same way I am. Her nails dig into my flesh harshly.

"Isabella," her tone holds an edge as if she's talking to a child that doesn't know the dangers of the world.

"She seems honest this time," I murmur.

"Have you forgotten the months we spent in Adak grasp thanks to Hector?" Alice says baring her fangs at Angela.

"I wasn't part of that!" Angela snaps at Alice. "In fact is the reason why I decided to leave Hector, he went too far-"

"And I assumed you leaving with Isabella's love of her life is just a small act without importance?" Angela winces at Alice but looks at me.

"Alice let's hear her out."

Alice rolls her eyes and lets go of me. I walk towards Angela slowly until I am in front of her and put a hand around her neck pulling her into a hug.