Chapter 17

Chapter 17 : Face The Truth

We all walk to the police station feeling like this is the end of something, our lives had changed so much in the past weeks and it is not going to stop today... As we arrive in front of the building, we see the Sheriff Clint and Christopher being put in a police car. Their lawyer is here too, and he quickly spots Cody.

"Mister Clint, I'm very sorry." The man says. "They confessed... at first, the FBI wanted to talk to you too, but it seems like Christopher, or someone else, told them you were innocent. You can come with me to see them before the trial... if you want to."

"Of course. Let's go." Cody says a little lost. "Thanks guys..." He tells us and leaves.

"The hell?" Isaac frowns trying to understand.

"I guess we'll never know..." Joshua says.

"Maybe, it's better that way..." Ashley sighs.

"It feels weird, isn't it?" Jason states. "We're never going to be the same..."

"Let's hope nothing worse will happen..." Amber gulps and hugs Joshua.

"We should all go back to sleep..." Zach yawns loudly.

"You're right, my love." My sister hugs him. "We should go."

"I'll stay here a little longer, but go on, you'll have the house for yourselves." I smile to my sister.

"Fine..." Ashley smirks and Zach seems not tired anymore.

"Jerks." Maria chuckles.

"Josh, if you take Amber to your house, I'll have ours to me and Maria... does it sound good to you?" Jason whispers to Joshua.

"Perfectly good." Joshua smirks.

"I hear you, guys." Isaac glares at Jason.

"Sorry..." Jason looks at the ground.

"Take care of her, moron." Isaac says at Jason and starts to leave. "Blake, we'll see each other later?"

"Of course, mate." I smile. "I'll call you."

Everyone starts to leave and it's just Victoria and me.

"It was you, right?" I say not looking at her.

"What?" I can tell she is frowning.

"You called your father or Callie to tell them Cody didn't do it..." I explain.

"Blake... it's not..." Victoria starts to panic, and I turn to her kissing her with passion.

"Thank you." I say out of breath. "Thank you for protecting Cody."

"You're not mad at me?" Victoria wonders.

"He would have told them he did it..." I confess. "I know him by heart, he is weaker than any of us, he can't lie, he is a good guy. He would have confessed to save his brother... so, thank you, I couldn't stand losing a friend, again."

"Oh, girls, sweet to see you here." Callie Edwards says coming out the police station. "Did you hear about Sheriff Clint?"

"She knows..." Victoria rolls her eyes and Callie chuckles.

"And she is not mad?" Callie raises her eyebrows.

"I guess I have to get used to be the fed's daughter's girlfriend..." I chuckle. "But all jokes apart... She did it for good reasons, I can't be mad at her for that."

"She is the good one, Vic." Callie puts her hand on Victoria's shoulder. "Be careful with her."

"I'll try..." Victoria smiles to her friend. "And, thank you, for telling dad..."

"No problem, anonymous tipper..." Callie says making me laugh with her.

"Very funny..." Victoria glares at us.

"What's so funny, girls?" The Agent Martinez says behind us.

"Dad! We heard about the Clint Family, so we went here to see if we could help..." Victoria lies.

"Of course." John Martinez chuckles. "Thank you, Blake, for the help you provided us in this investigation. Victoria, you weren't that bad either, anonymous tipper."

"This is not going to be my nickname, or I swear to God..." Victoria tries to get mad, but I laugh making her lose her serious face. "Babe..."

"You have to face the truth, my love. You're the best anonymous tipper in town..." I chuckle making John Martinez laugh too.

"Oh, and Blake, I told you it was a student thing." The Agent Martinez winks at me.

"A Martinez never gives up... right?" I chuckle looking at Victoria.

"You taught her well, daughter." John Martinez says proudly to her daughter.

"I try, Dad, I try." Victoria whispers. "Tell me... are we going to stay here, Dad? I mean, now that you resolved this case?"

"Don't worry, young lady." Her dad winks. "You'll have time to enjoy your love story. There is plenty of investigations to lead in MillerTown, the FBI would have not come here just to solve the murder of the General Attorney Thompson's daughter..."

"Of course." I gulp as I hear him say that.

"So, if you cannot lie to us from now, Blake... it'll be great." The man points at me this time.

"Oh no, this can't be good news..." I mutter under my breath.

"Say your friend Isaac to be extra careful from now on." The Agent Martinez walks away. "We're watching him."

I look at Victoria, who for once seems to be clueless too.

"At least, I've got you..." I say kissing her cheek.

"You will always have me, my love."

A/N : Last chapter for the moment, might have a sequel but I'm not sure. Hope you enjoyed it.