Chapter 10

Chapter 10 : Liar, Liar

Monday morning, aka the worst moment of the week, you have to wake up to go back to school, the bad things of your weekend taking the better on you. This is my mood this morning. I can't stop thinking about Victoria and the talk we had. I don't know what to think anymore, does she spy on me? Is she doing something her father told her or does she really like me?

As I walk near the police station, I hear the Agent Lewis calling me. I turn around and see him walking down the stairs, followed by Cody who is looking at his ass. I laugh and Cody blushes while the poor Agent Lewis looks at me weirdly.

"What's up, Cody?" I high five my friend. "And, good morning, Agent Lewis. What can I do for you?"

"I'm fine, but I let you alone, I'll be late to class otherwise." Cody smiles and walks to school.

"Can you come with me, Blake?" The Agent Lewis sweetly asks. "The Agent Martinez has some questions for you. We can call your mother, if you want us too."

"I'm good, let's go." I smile to him confidently.

He walks me to the same room I went last time and I wait for someone to come. This time, no Agent Martinez, but the Agent Campbell and the Agent Edwards. They sit in front of me and Callie Edwards smiles brightly to me.

"Hi, Blake. How are you?"

"I'll be better in class with my friends, but I'm good, it's not that bad seeing you this early on a Monday morning." I smirk and she chuckles.

"And I see why Victoria likes you so much." She says sweetly and I blush a bit.

"Tell me, Blake." This time, it's Daniel Campbell who is talking to me. "You weren't that honest with us, recently... is there anything you need us to know?"

I look at them knowing they probably saw me yesterday in the hall with the Thompson family and Victoria.

"I think you already know, Agent Campbell..." I send him an apologizing smile.

"Why did you lie?" Callie Edwards asks.

"Friendship makes you do stupid things..." I admit.

"I know, you're still young, Blake, but this is against the law, we could prosecute you for that..." The Agent Campbell explains. "So, tell us the truth, and we'll forget about your first lie."

"Alright..." I fake to gulp hardly. "Isaac didn't stay home that night... He went to the SmithLady with Hannah. At first, he didn't tell me where he was going, but I knew he was screwing her from time to time. One month, it was Hannah, the other Katie Lane. That's how Isaac works." I shrug. "Since he went home at 4 am, approximately, I thought I would accept to lie for him, he didn't do anything to her, after all."

"Fine, we trust you on that one..." The Agent Edwards says. "How can you be sure he didn't kill her?"

"I've sent a text message to Hannah at 5 am on Saturday morning, asking if she has had a good time with Isaac and she responded almost immediately, so my guess is, he didn't kill her."

"We'll check that out..." Daniel Campbell whispers taking notes.

The Agent Martinez enters the room suddenly. He looks at me as if he is trying to read me and then, he stops.

"Why are you protecting him, Blake?"

"I am not, Agent Martinez." I shrug looking at him straight in the eyes.

"So, can you explain why an anonymous tipper saw you with Isaac Diaz and all your friends yesterday right after he left the police station?" The Agent Martinez asks earning curious looks from his co-workers.

"Really?" I chuckle understanding Victoria has followed me yesterday. "Please, Agent Martinez, tell your "anonymous tipper" that she can go to hell, I am not the only liar in the story."

"Why were you in this park?" He tries again madder than before.

"Isaac went to the police station, we all saw him leave with you, we decided to wait for him to see if he was okay. We knew coming all together will not be the best option, so I went here to wait, and the others stayed at the park. At the end, we joined them. End of the story." I explain clearly, making him step back and calm.

"Alright..."

"So, now, if you don't have any question, I have classes I have to go to and tell your daughter to stop spying on me." I angrily spit. "Forget that last part, I'll tell her myself."

"Blake..." The Agent Martinez tries to stop me. "Don't do it, she isn't..."

I don't listen to him and I leave the police station angrily. I walk to school as fast as possible and lucky me, the first person I see is Victoria, sitting alone on a bench.

"You." I yell from far away making her stand up. "You can pretend to be hurt when I "lie" to you but you're the only liar in here. I've never lied to you, I've always managed to distance yourself from your father, making sure you will never feel like the fed's daughter to me. But Jason and Zach were right, I was blindfolded. Of course, you are the fed's daughter they think you are... and to say I was trusting you..." I chuckle madly before I shoot in the bench powerfully.

"Blake..." Victoria tries to talk.

"What? I swear to God, try to lie to me one more time and we're done." I yell at her. "Try to tell me you weren't the one following us to the park yesterday and we're done. Try to ignore the fact I've never lied to you whenever it comes to my feelings or my real intentions towards you and we're done."

"I'm sorry..." Victoria says holding her tears back. "I...I know I shouldn't have done that, but I didn't lie to you..."

"Oh, come on." I sigh nervously.

"I don't spy on you. I've never done it, except for yesterday. But I was mad at you. You always run away from me without any explanation, you lied to my father and you're protecting your best friend even if everyone in here knows he is a drug dealer and all."

"What did you just say?" I look at her madly.

"Everyone told me already." Victoria raises her hands in defense. "If I want to have fun, I have to ask Maria's brother, Isaac. They know I don't do guys. So, my guess is, he is the drug dealer."

"And, what?"

"Why would you protect a drug dealer, Blake?" Victoria raises her voice.

"He is my best friend; I'll do anything for him." I state.

"Even lie to the police and the feds?" She sighs.

"Mainly, that, yes." I fake a smile. "He is not a killer. Your father is not going in the right direction, can you tell him that?"

"Stop it. You know I'm not like that, I promised you on my first day here." She tries to walk closer to me, but I step back. "Don't do this to me, Blake... You're all I have here, you're the only one I want to be with, you're the only one I trust, you're the only one I want to love... since day 1, you're the only one I need..."

"You should have thought about it before telling your dad everything you know about me and my friends." I sadly say.

"I've never done that, let me prove it to you." She begs.

"Sorry, Victoria. I don't trust you anymore, and you can't change that easily." I gulp hardly feeling my heart breaking as I go on. "Leave me alone for a bit. Maybe, it'll pass. Maybe not. But I need to be far away from you for now..."

"No..." She pleads while crying.

"I'm sorry... I'm truly sorry." I hold my tears back and walk to my next class.