Chapter 7

Chapter 7 : First Secrets Revealed

The next morning, I wake up and hear my sister crying in the bathroom. I quickly go to her and hug her to make her feel safe.

"What is happening, baby?" I hug her tightly.

"Do you think she is dead? Do you think she left forever?" She cries in my arms.

"I don't know, love." I kiss my sister's temple. "I hope she will be back soon."

"What if she doesn't?"

"Don't think about it, the FBI will find her... alive." I say without any conviction.

It's been almost five days since Hannah has been seen and no one knows where she is. The FBI continues to search between the students and after what I heard; they want to let down the "revenge against M. Thompson" possibility.

"Girls!" I hear my mom yelling. "The FBI is here! Get down, please."

"Sure!" I answer making sure no one notices Ashley is crying. "Give us two minutes, we need to get ready first!"

I hurry up and get dressed, if the Agent Green or the Agent Edwards are here, I need to look good. Once I'm done, I make sure Ashley is okay too, and we go downstairs.

"Morning, Agent Green." I smile widely. "How can we help you?"

"I'm sorry, ladies, but it's no good news..." She looks at us seriously, too seriously. "We found Hannah's body this morning, drown in the MillerRiver."

"Oh my god..." Ashley falls on the ground crying loudly.

"Are... are you sure about that?" I can't believe she is dead. "Are you sure it is Hannah's body?"

"His father confirmed..." The Agent Green sighs. "I'm sorry."

"Holy shit." I sit on the stairs hugging my sister who can't stop crying.

It doesn't feel real, it's not fair. Why would someone kill Hannah? What did she do to deserve that? I look at the ground sadly preventing myself from crying, because I know it would break my sister a little bit more. I can hear my mother getting mad at the Agent Green, so I walk to the kitchen.

"What's going on, mom?" I ask.

"The FBI wants you and your sister to follow them to the police office, they want to interrogate you all one more time." Mom explains madly. "Don't you care about their feelings? They've just lost one of their best friends."

"Don't worry, mom." I sigh. "I'll go first. Make sure Ashley is getting better, please." I plead and put my shoes on. "Will it be long?" I ask to the Agent Green.

"Twenty minutes or so." She smiles softly to me. "You'll be able to go to class right after."

"Of course." I whisper. "Should we go?"

Heather Green nods and leads me to the front door. On my way, I hug my parents and sister, telling her everything is going to be fine, and I exit the house.

"Can I ask you something, Agent Green?" I try.

"Of course, go ahead, Blake." She politely answers.

"Did she suffer?" I ask. "I mean, the one who did that to her, did he torture her or something?"

"We don't know yet, it's too soon to be sure. Why are you asking?"

"I can't find a reason for killing such a young girl..." I sigh. "So, maybe, it was a revenge against her father, some big mobsters he put in jail or something..."