Chapter 11

Chapter 11 : Bad Bullies

I spend the rest of my day focusing on my classes, trying to forget about it all. Why did someone have to kill Hannah, everything was so simple before. We were all happy, or almost, the girls were leaving their best lives, MillerTown was peaceful and joyful, everyone knew everyone... but now, how can we know who to trust, who to be friends with, who to love...

At the end of the day, I go straight to my home, not stopping by Isaac's place. I go to my room as no one has come back yet and I start to think. Around twenty minutes later, Ashley softly joins me and hugs me.

"Are you okay, Blake?" She whispers.

"As okay as I can be right now..." I put my head on her shoulder as we look through the window. "What about you?"

"I'm fine..." She sighs. "Sam and I broke up after he heard I told the FBI about us..."

"Jerk..." I spit.

"Yeah, but don't worry, Zach is taking care of the comforting part..." My sister chuckles.

"Does he?" I look at her falsely surprised. "Haven't see it coming at all...." I wink at her knowing Zachary was thinking about her as his new girl.

"Of course, he told you and Jason already..." Ashley rolls her eyes.

"He wanted you for the longest time, no need for him to tell me." I wink at my sister.

"What about you?" She plays with my hand softly. "Heard you fought with the fed's daughter..."

"Yeah..." I mutter. "I don't know what to think anymore... maybe, you guys were right, she spies on me, or maybe, it was only yesterday."

"At the park?" Ashley wonders.

"Yeah, she told her father we gathered and all, but she hasn't heard a thing so, we're good." I explain. "The thing is, I know we like each other, for real, you can't fake something like we have, but I don't trust her anymore..."

"And, this is not something you can do... not after what Claire did to you years ago." Ashley completes.

"Exactly..." I sigh. "Talking about her, Victoria saw us being close, she didn't really appreciate..."

"Can you blame her?" Ashley raises her eyebrows. "The tension between you and Claire is always so thick... I'll be scared if I was her..."

"I don't love Claire anymore, she was my first, I'll never ever forget her, but she broke my heart, she is not good to me and seeing what she has become... I rather stay away from her." I tell honestly to my sister.

"Perfect, then stay away from her, and take your time with the fed's daughter. I know you; you'll be fine."

I hug my sister and we spend the evening watching movies together, waiting for her parents to come home. Once they do, we help them cook dinner and we have a good family time which is the best thing to relax and be happy.

The day after, at the end of our school day, Mom and Dad ask us to go to the Miller House for 5 pm. Ashley and I are walking silently down the street thinking about what it could be. No longer after, we see Zach running towards us, Jason wasn't at school this afternoon, neither was Amber... Zach holds my sister hand while we are talking, and I smile at the view.

"Do you know what this is about?" Zach asks. "My father wants me to join too."

"Really?" I frown. "That's weird... You know something, Ash?"

My sister says a quick no, but I know her, she definitely knows what is going on. I ignore the fact she tries to lie to me, and we walk quickly to the Miller House. Once we enter the house, we see Jason, Amber, their parents, Zach's parents, our parents, Hannah's parents and the FBI already gathered in the living room. Jason looks like a lost puppy and Amber has cried. The hell?