Chapter 8

Chapter 8 : Jealousy and Problems

It's finally the weekend, which means no school. We are all having a good time in MillerTown, children are playing in the playgrounds, gathering in the parks, eating ice creams together. This sight almost makes me forget about Hannah. I'm walking to the City Hall, hoping to see Victoria when I spot her laughing with her mother. I go to them and politely salute them.

"Oh, Blake. What a nice surprise." Catherine Martinez says. "I was about to go shopping. Have a nice day, ladies."

"Be careful, mom." Victoria yells at her mother. "How are you, heartbreaker?" She chuckles.

"Oh, come on. You weren't that sad, I know it." I chuckle too.

"What if I was?" Victoria smirks.

"Well, I would have to earn your pardon by buying you an ice cream, and asking you to spend your afternoon with me?" I smile hopeful.

"Yes, it could totally make me forget about yesterday." She looks at me sweetly.

"This way, my lady." I show her the way, and she holds my arm.

"Oh, I didn't know you were an athlete." She chuckles.

"I told you, basketball and soccer, that's all I live for." I joke. "That was a lie." I whisper and she laughs.

"What are you living for, then?" Victoria looks at me deeply.

"Good question..." I reflect. "My family, my friends, sports... but, at the end, I don't really have something to live for... do you?"

"I want to be happy, make my parents proud of me, have a pretty family with an awesome wife and two wonderful kids, I want to be a special agent or something close to that, and, mainly, I want to be myself and to be proud of it." She says with passion.

"Damn, that's a lot to live for." I chuckle. "But it seems truly amazing. I hope you'll be able to do so." I say seriously.

"Oh, don't worry, I know I will, a Martinez never gives up." She winks and she stops to buy ice creams.

I order and she chooses a spot in the grass, so we can sit and eat calmly. When I come back, I see my friends walking to us happily.

"Look who's there." Amber jumps on me. "Guess what, baby?"

"Jason finally said yes?" I wonder and she yells in my ear. "Amber, please, don't scream so loud." I chuckle.

"I'm so happy! Josh and I will finally be together!" She yells to the entire park.

"Or, at least, that is what you think..." Katie Lane says followed by Lauren and Erin.

"Oh, no, not you again." I sigh and my friends laugh as Amber goes back to Joshua.

"Don't pretend to be sad, Blake. You want me as much as I want you, even Hannah knew, it's the reason why she wouldn't let me approach you, she was scared I'll take you away from her." Katie states.

"Not a chance..." I frown thinking of Hannah.

"What did you say, future girlfriend of mine?" Katie says seductively.

This is enough to start the devil in me. I smirk to Jason and Zach who smirk back understanding what I'm about to do. On the moment, I kind of forget Victoria is just next to me, and I decide to shut Katie's mouth once and for all, by entering her game.

"I see you have plans for us already, Katie." I turn to her with a seductive smirk.

"You're not against it?" Katie hopefully says.