Chapter 12

Chapter 12 : Autopsy's report

I'm sitting on my chair, looking at M. Anderson giving us the most boring class I've ever assisted to, or maybe, it's just me. I don't know why I'm so thoughtful today, but I can't focus on anything. I think Cody sees it because he tries to talk to me.

"Blake..." Cody tries. "Blake..."

"Huh?" I say without looking at him.

"Are you okay?" My friend asks. "You seem weird today."

"I'm just thinking... too much." I confess quickly.

"Miss Williams, Mister Clint..." M. Anderson says angrily. "One more time and you'll be out."

"Actually, professor." I stand up slowly. "Can I leave the class? I don't feel well, Cody was just checking up on me. Don't be harsh on him. I just need some fresh air."

"Sure, Miss Williams." Our professor knows I'm not usually that type of girl and if I say I need fresh, I need fresh air. "Be sure to ask your friends about what we're going to see today."

"Of course, professor." I send a small smile to him and leave the classroom.

"What's up with her?" I hear Jason saying while I leave.

"I don't know..." Cody answers back. "I've never seen her like that..."

I close the classroom's door and walk to the football field. It's calm and no one comes here during the day. Around 11 am, Cody sends me a text saying I should come back, apparently there are news about Hannah. I walk back to the auditorium where everyone is already gathered, the FBI agents look at me suspiciously and the Principal Miller allows me to join my friends. I go to where Ashley, Amber, Cody, Zach and Jason are. While I'm walking, I can feel Victoria eyeing me with both angriness and worry. I sit and the speech begins.

Principal Miller talks about how great we were the first time we've been interviewed and how he hopes we will do the same today. Fucking great.

"Thank you, Principal Miller." The Agent Martinez says. "Indeed, our investigation is advancing well, and today, the medical examiner has reached to a final exam revealing your classmate, Hannah Thompson, has been killed between 1 pm and 7 pm on Saturday."

A loud noise echoes and everyone understands we have been interrogated for the Friday night, not for the Saturday afternoon, so here we go again...

"As we did the first time, please, sit by years and we will proceed by alphabetic order." The Agent Lewis says.

"Still haven't touch his ass?" I whisper in Cody's ear making him blush.

"Oh, god, Blake." He laughs and hits my shoulder.

"What?" I laugh too. "Just asking."

"You feel better?" He asks me full of concern.

"Yes, don't worry, I just can't concentrate. I'll be better soon." I explain and he nods. "Did I miss something?"

"Anderson is boring, the fed's daughter looked worried when you left, Zach and your sister seem to be in love..." Cody sighs nonchalantly. "Nothing new under the sun."

"Mister Clint." The Agent Martinez calls.

"Sorry, buddy." Cody says while getting up. "But, for once, I love not to be a Williams."

"It sucks, I know." I chuckle and he leaves me alone.

As I'm waiting, I see the Agent Edwards walking to Victoria, they chitchat but Victoria looks a bit down. After their talk, Victoria leaves the auditorium and after another talk with the Agent Martinez, Callie Edwards walks to me.