Chapter 2

A/N : Second Chapter, hope you'll like it. Just so you know, this story has been written entirely already but if you need me to add something such as a moment from someone else's POV or anything else, ask me and I'll see if I can do it.

Chapter 2 : The Missing Girl

"What do you mean by she is missing? Like she had been kidnapped, or did she runaway from the house?" I ask a little confused.

"Nor my wife nor I have seen our daughter since Friday night; she didn't come back from the sleepover."

"Wow, I... it's strange, I'm sorry, mister Thompson, if my sister or I can do anything, we will help you the best we can."

"Thank you, Blake. We will come with the FBI later at the school to see if anyone has information. I beg you not to tell the students so they can't avoid it."

"Of course, yes, no problem, I'll do that. But why is the FBI here?"

"Well..."

"Oh Blake, I'm happy you're still here" interrupts the sheriff Clint who was with two people. "Let me introduce you the Special Agent John Martinez from the FBI and his daughter, Victoria. She will go to the same school as you, so I was wondering if you can, you know, bring her with you."

"Well, yes, I mean, there is no problem about that. I'm Blake Williams by the way, nice to meet you both."

"Nice to meet you, miss Williams, the sheriff told me about your family, I'm sure we're going to meet again."

"Oh, if you say so, sir, I'm sure we will."

"Take care of my daughter alright? I have to go." The Hispanic man leaves, and the sheriff follows him, so I gesture to the girl to follow me.

"So, your name is Victoria, right?" the green-eyed girl nods "What do you think about MillerTown for the moment, Victoria?"

"Oh, well, it's... I don't know. People are always looking at me like I'm an extraterrestrial, but they are not mean, so I guess it's not that bad."

"Don't worry, you will love this place once you will get used to it."

"Are you used to it?"

"I don't know anything else, so I think I'm used to it, yes" I chuckle softly.

"You never have been anywhere else?"

"No, but, you know, I've got everything here, so I'm good. What about you? Being the fed's daughter is not easy, isn't it?"

"Yeah, it sucks most of the time, people only see this part of me, and they are worried I would tell him everything. They avoid me for that, even if I barely see my father. Anyway, if you cannot tell people about them being here..."

"Yeah, I know, Mister Thompson have already asked me that, and I won't. And, by the way, if you want to join my friends and I, you're really welcome; I don't care about your father being a fed."

"That's actually pretty sweet of you, thank you."

There is a silence for a while and I can't stop thinking about Hannah disappearance, how did she not find her way back home while Ashley was home at eleven Saturday morning? I guess I'm thinking too much, so I don't hear Victoria talking to me.

"Hey there! Are you listening?" She waves her hand in front of my face.

"Shit, I'm sorry, what did you say?"

"I asked you how old you are."

"I'm seventeen, what about you?"

"Same, so we're going to be together in class, right?" She wonders.