16. New

Ezra's POV

My eyes widened as I look at one particular housemaid of ours.

"This is Sabrina, she's just new in the house," Ezekiel said as he introduce my best friend to me, nag angat lang ako ng tingin sakanya, "she's the youngest maid and about the same age as yours."

Tumango lang ako at muling tumingin kay Bri. Why the fuck is she here!?

I wanted to confront her immediately, but she just gave me a silent conversation not to.

"You okay?"

Tiningala ko si Ezekiel, "yeah.. yeah, I'm fine."

"You sure?" I just nodded at him.

We eventually entered the house even more so, I stared at every details and interiors of it. I know the Roméos are rich but I guess this is Ezekiel's own purchase.

"We have an adequate amount of house helpers, housemaids, drivers, gardeners, if you want to add or remove someone, just tell me."

"We have many guestrooms, if you want your friends, partners, or any other acquaintances to visit here, you may do so."

"The house is newly bought, I already had the furniture pre-planned, you can redecorate it to your liking, any way you like."

Tahimik lang ako habang sinusundan siya at nakikinig lang. Sa totoo lang, hindi ko alam yung mararamdaman ko. I know I agreed to this situation but it seems still overwhelming.

He glanced at me probably because of my silence, "though.. I guess you can only think of decorations in two years."

Again, I looked up at him.

Right, because we'll be living abroad for two years.

I watched how he slightly shook his head before moving again, I followed his footsteps.

He opened a door in one room, "this is the master's bedroom, this will be our room."

My emotions faded at that, my shoulders slowly dropped more.

I was hesitant to enter the room, of course, kasi may naaalala ako. Ezekiel glanced back at me because of my odd actions that's why I forced myself to enter with him.

I pretended to look carefully at how wide, simple yet elegant, and modern our room is, pero sa looban ko, kinakalaban ko yung demonyo sa loob.

No.. I don't want to remember again.

"What do you think?" He asked me after long moments of silence.

"Umm.. it's fine." I simply said as I start to step outside of the room slowly.

He shot me a brow, "if you want to change something, tell me. Okay?"

Tumango lang ako habang nakatitig sakanya.

He's been like this all the time.

He's always asking me even the simplest of things.

He's always trying to get my opinion.

"Ezra.." my dad once said, "hindi kita pinipilit, alam kong posibleng mahirapan kang magpakasal uli, pero alam ko ring gusto mong ibagsak yung mga Fortunato."

Nakatingin lang ako sakanya.

"The Roméos are their biggest rival in terms of business, and I hear rumors that their rivalry go way back for other reasons that not many knows. Pwede natin gamitin yung mga Roméo laban sakanila."