48. Loss

Ezra's POV

"Mama," nawala ang atensyon ko sa binabasang magazine nang marinig ang boses ng anak ko.

I looked up at him. He just went home from school, he's in his uniform, with a backpack on his back, his hair a bit messy than when he fixed it with gel earlier in the morning.

He approached me coolly and kissed me on the cheek, "nakauwi ka na pala.."

He just shrugged, "yeah, driver picked me up." He said boredly.

Napangisi ako roon habang tinititigan siya. He's only eight years old but he's already inherited most of his father's personalities. His being obnoxious, grumpy, easily bored, and really just a dill pickle.

"How was school, baby?"

"It was fine," hinubad niya ang backpack niya at hinagis sa kabilang sofa sa gilid, and then he walked over to drop his body on the long sofa I'm half-lying on, Ezazel's sitting by my feet.

"You don't look that fine.."

"Just a tiring day, Mama. PE po namin ngayon, and.. ugh."

That made me finally chuckle. See? Grumpy! And would rather not exert physical effort. Ezekiel na Ezekiel!

God, I really hope my daughter's like me.

As if Ezazel heard my innermost thoughts, he looked over again at me and placed his palm on top of my very big stomach, "how are you, Mama?"

"I'm fine, love."

"And Ezri?"

I laid my warm hand on top of his little one that's caressing my pregnant stomach, "she's fine."

He nodded, "good."

"You should take a quick shower and change clothes, Ezazel, you stink."

"Mama!" He pouted.

"I'm joking! You know you don't smell. But really, clean yourself up."

He rolled his eyes, "ugh, fine." He finally surrendered, but before he can really leave, he leaned over first to my stomach to kiss it and then me on the cheek again.

Nakangiti ako habang pinapanood siyang umakyat sa hagdanan hanggang sa mawala siya sa paningin ko.

Maybe I'm wrong, I and Ezekiel really do mix him up the way that he is now, and I've got no complaints.

My eyes dropped on my stomach.

And maybe we're really just like that, Me and Ezekiel, na matagal bago kami mabuntis. It had to be three years before we can consummate. But still, it was all worth it.

It was worth it because Ezri's already here. We had a sex reveal party a few months ago, and when we found out that it's a girl, we can't celebrate enough.

Masaya rin si Ezazel, lalo na't sa murang edad niya'y may muwang na siya. He's already mature, like an old man inside a kid's body. God, parang si Ezekiel talaga. But I don't know, he's kinda sassy too, sakin naman niya siguro namana yun.

I just shook my head and tried to get up from the sofa for a glass of water. Ever since I'm pregnant with her, I've been drinking water most of the time. She wants me to drink water, ending for me to pee most of the time too. Hindi pa siya pinapanganak pero demanding na kaagad, wonder from who she's like.

Ayos lang naman, since water is considered the most important drink for pregnant women. Also, kahit anong gusto at nakakabuti para sa bata, gagawin ko.