40. Marriage

tw // abuse , self-harm

Refrain from reading the moment you feel something off.

Ᏸ: 10 chapters left. ;)

Ezra's POV

My fingers roamed around his hair, feeling its softness. I set aside the strand that was once covering his beautiful face, his hair is starting to grow longer.

Another day began, and unlike any other mornings, where he usually wakes up before me, I got to do it first.

And now, I'm watching his beauty, like a show.

We lay on our sides, facing each other, covered half our bodies by the blanket. He's still asleep, my index finger landed to his cheek from his hair, tracing and falling down softly.

And then, it landed to his soft lips.

I gulped. I've never felt so much feelings this intense to a man before. What I'm feeling for him.. it is more than how I felt with any other man.

My love for Ezekiel is overwhelming. I've tried to hide it deeply beneath me in the past, I felt that I must have feelings for him but I didn't give it much thought. I realize my feelings must've bottled up inside me as years go by and now that I've finally released it, I became aware of how much I love him, how overwhelming it is.

And how terrifying it is.

I remember last time when I talked to Alegre, how I told him I may never have to love another man again, and how he replied that I was just really scared deep inside.. I realize he's right.

Since when did he know so much about love?

I sighed softly and gave him a ghost of a kiss on the lips, on his cheek, and on his forehead not to wake him up. And then I decided to rise from our bed.

It's been a week since Bri left our house, aaminin kong medyo nakakalungkot pero unti-unti naman akong nakaka-adjust, and we're not really separating anyway. I optimize myself by thinking that she's now in the better parts of her life.

Nakita ko si Nana na naghihiwa ng mga gulay, dahan-dahan ko siyang nilapitan pagkatapos kong batiin si Sonya ngayong umaga.

"Good morning, Nana.."

"Good morning, Madame!"

I smiled at her and for a few minutes, I rested my back on the island counter with my arms crossed and watched her slice the ingredients.

"Ano pong niluluto niyo?"

"Sinigang sa miso po."

Tumango lang ako at ilang sandali pang tumahimik habang pinapanood parin siya. She has her back on me and I see the way she assembles all the necessary ingredients.

"Can I help?" Nasabi ko na bago ko marealize.

Halata ang gulat ni Nana sa sinabi ko at nilingon ako sa likuran niya, probably because I've been declining her offer of teaching me to cook; I even once yelled at her.

"A-Ah, sige, hija! Halika, tuturuan kita!"

I smiled at her, "no need na po, I actually know how."

"Ha?"

I smiled at her wider and started walking towards her. Tinabihan ko siya at tinulungan na nga siya sa pagluluto.

Gulat na gulat parin si Nana kahit na ilang minuto ko na siyang tinutulungan, gumagalaw para sa mga sangkap pero pansin ko ang madalas niyang panonood sakin. Like I'm an alien or anything.