36. Love

Read at your own risk.

Ezra's POV

When we went inside the car, I rested my back and head immediately. Feeling myself getting a migraine. Extremely drained.

Ezekiel entered the car too and started to drive, too quiet and serious.

We're both quiet after a few minutes of driving on the way home.

My jaw keeps clenching as I look outside the window. It's already past quarter to seven which is why the sky's dark. As I gaze upon the streetlights that keep appearing and disappearing as we ascend the road, my thoughts keep lingering to the scene earlier.

May ginawa si Danilo, may nangyari, something involving my husband.

Mas lalo lang akong nagalit. I warned him not to go near him.

I'll fucking destroy his life. Just wait for it.

"Are you okay?"

Realization hit me when I heard my husband's voice, there's a hint of madness but dominant of restrain.

"No. Are you okay?"

"No."

Bumuntong-hininga nalang ako. See that motherfucker's effect on us? Isang beses palang ang meeting namin na magkakasama pero ganito na agad?

Good thing I won't ever see that asshole again.

Sumulyap ako sakanya, "I didn't know you and.. Danilo go way back."

"We don't."

"Then what are you guys talking about?" It seemed so deep. "Who's the girl? Old girlfriend of yours? His?"

That made him glance at me, and later shook his head. "No."

"Who are you two talking about?"

"That's nothing."

I wanted to pout but I stopped myself. Hayaan ko nalang siya kung ayaw niyang sabihin, hindi ko naman pipilitin.

I saw how he looked at me through his reflection in the window, he looked worried and less angry now. "Why are you meeting with him?"

My eyes dropped to my thighs, hands starting to shake. "How did you know I'm there?"

Hindi rin siya nagsalita.

It made me sigh.

We're both secretive to each other this time. I have my reasons why I hide something from him rather than lie, and I know he does too. I couldn't help myself thinking if this is a really bad sign or not.

I hate it.

I know I've been secretive to him since the beginning, and he has done nothing but be very patient for that and let me keep things to him. For that, I am every bit as guilty as I can be.

But now that he's keeping a secret from me also.. I didn't know what to feel.

"How did you two meet?" I asked when I couldn't stop myself anymore.

"We've bumped once or twice," nilingon ko siya, sandali niya rin akong sinulyapan. "Our families are rivals, Ezra, there will come a time I'll be bumping them unintentionally, and also, nagkita kami sa party ni Isla noon, you remember he's there, right?"

I nodded, "he.. talked to you?"

I remember that time I was shaking so much that I needed to excuse myself to the comfort room just so I can calm myself, tapos pagkalabas ko, nandoon si Danilo at naghihintay sakin. I warned him the first time not to go near Ezekiel.