33. Feelings

Ezra's POV

"What?" Sabi ko sa nakakunot na noo.

Kinagat niya ang labi niya, parang nagdadalawang-isip kung magpapatuloy o hindi.

"I couldn't stop thinking.. you know, the night in Coron." Sabi niya at tumingin sakin, "not to offend you or anything, I just.. noticed the way you looked sad when you said that you stopped.. studying."

Hindi ako umimik, nakatitig parin sakanya. Parang nawala na sa tenga ko yung ingay ng TV, tanging siya nalang ang naririnig.

"And that image of yours stayed in my mind ever since. I don't know the reason and I'm not asking you to tell me, but you just looked very much regretful, and I would like to offer you college again. Tapusin mo na at maka-graduate ka, and if it's not too much for you, maybe MBA as well."

Napaawang ang labi ko, hindi makapaniwala sa naririnig!

"W-What are you saying?" I urged him, my tone may be even came out violent, reason for him to hesitate and tense more. Hindi ko naman sinasadya na ganun ang tono ko.

"What I'm saying is that.. if you want to.. you can study again, work on your course, and then your MBA."

My shoulders dropped, already at the verge of surrendering. I gave him a sad and bitter smile, "para saan pa? I'm already working, that's not necessary anymore."

"I know how important education is generally, yet I know how much education means for you more. It's necessary for you, I know you want that."

"And what's necessary for you?"

"My wife happy and contented with herself."

My heart hurt at that, I'm slowly weakening again. Totoo ngang gusto kong magpatuloy ng kolehiyo at makapagtapos, totoong gusto ko magkaroon ng MBA, totoong iniisip ko palagi na napunta lang ako sa ganoong kataas na posisyon sa kompanya dahil ako ang tagapagmana, dahil wala naman si kuya, dahil ako lang naman ang naiwan.

Kaya kahit palpak ako sa buhay, hindi nakapagtapos ng pag aaral, ikinasal nang maaga, naging COO parin ako.

I want to prove myself on someone, even though they don't know how much of a failure I am. Nobody knew that I didn't finish college. Nobody knew about the dark and failed side of mine.

Hindi ako kuntento sa sarili ko. Feeling ko ang dumi dumi ko, feeling ko ang baba ko, tinatago lang ng cover up kong may mataas na posisyon.

I wanted to continue studying years back, pero nawalan ako ng lakas dahil hindi ko rin naman nakasabayang grumaduate si Sabrina. That was one of my dreams, to graduate with her.

"Something changed in you," I looked up at my husband again, "you're not the same girl I met years ago. In the time we're together, I'd like to help you regain your old confidence back."

Napasinghap ako, tuluyan ng nanghihina ang puso.

"You're hesitant. I concur something happened to you, in relation with those scars of yours.." yumuko ako, hindi gustong makita niya ang mga luha. "I want the girl I met years ago, the one proud of herself, the fully confident one, the contented one, albeit the feistiness."

He touched my chin and raised it, nakita na niya ang pag iyak ko kahit na iiwas ko pa ang tingin sakanya. "Though.. this version of herself isn't bad either, I couldn't choose which is which. I like both."

He crouched to kiss my eyes softly, napapikit ako at mas lalo lang bumuhos ang mga luha ko.

"I'll help you raise yourself, kung saan mo lang ako hahayaan, hindi kita pipilitin sa kung ano. You're graduating, baby, and you're getting that MBA."