26. Coron

Ezra's POV

We were once again here in NAIA, waiting to board our plane to our destination.

I learned that the Roméos have an annual trip to Coron, Palawan, hindi lang namin nagawa in the last two years since we're abroad.

Ezekiel said that it's to enjoy and honor their late sister, Kimberly, the little girl I saw in his picture frame.

My tongue is always itchy when it comes to that topic, I wanted to know more of her, I wanted to ask, but I always retreat because the topic seems out of the line, a very private one, kaya hinihintay ko nalang na mag open up sakin si Ezekiel; if he's even planning to.

"Here," I looked at the coffee he's bought for me, "decaf."

I accepted it and nodded, "thank you.."

"You're welcome," at tumayo siya sa tabi ko.

Madaling araw nanaman kasi kaya medyo malamig, I'm wearing my fur coat while he's in his jacket. It's been years since we're together but it still amazes me whenever he's in his casual or comfort clothes, sanay kasi akong nakikita siyang naka suit or tux.

Basti smirked at us when he glanced, "Ez, sa Palawan tayo pupunta, sa tropical island, bakit parang pupunta ka sa go-see?"

I made a face at him, naka turtleneck long-sleeved shirt kasi ako na naka tucked in sa skinny jeans ko, what must've gave it away is the high boots I'm wearing that reached the top of my knees.

"Lay off her, Sebastian." Pagtatanggol sakin ni Ezekiel.

Tumawa siya, "sorry! Ito naman! Gagalit agad si hubby! Biro lang, eh! Seryosong-seryoso kasi kayo. Loosen up!"

"Ang aga aga, tanga."

For someone who—out of all of us—doesn't get enough sleep the most due to his chosen field, he sure does have the most energy around us, along with Seth Roméo.

Sebastian never removed the smirk from his face, it's like even when he does, I would still see him smirking, it's like it's branded in my mind.

I mean, the first time I saw him, he's grinning at me; you know, from the club.

Halos matawa ako, I actually found him cute but I ended up being arranged with his brother. Meh.

We threw our cups when we finished the coffee, bumalik kami sa kaninang pwesto namin at naghintay nalang. Wala kaming maupuan dahil occupied lahat ng ibang tao, sila Reagan at ang kanyang asawa, at sila Mama Alice and Papa Eros ang nakakuha.

I glanced at them, inaalagaan ni Reagan yung asawa niya, si Veronica, na halatang inaantok. They recently got married a few months ago. Like me and Ezekiel, they're also fixed together.

But.. I don't know, they don't seem like fixed. I can sense that there's something really deep between them. Adorable.

When I was introduced to Veronica earlier, I instantly noticed that she has this kind of energy on her, a soothing, calm, soft aura. Everything she does, she does it gracefully. Her natural curls, the light freckles, alam ko na agad na iba ang dugo nito.

She's like this.. totally easy to break porcelain doll that must be handled with so much care. Magkaibang-magkaiba kami.

It's why I don't know how to interact with her. She seems friendly but intimidating in her own harmless way. She's so soft I was afraid I'll break her ifshe lasted even five minutes with me.

I am hesitant. I've never been with a girl like her before. The girls I'm used to being with are monsters.

"You want me to ask Reagan again for his seat?" Bulong sakin ni Ezekiel, napansin ata ang panonood ko sakanila.