Chapter 6

Carlos's POV

I took another step in the room and saw the rest of our parents. I paled even more when I saw my mother.  

"Mommy?" Evie asked looking at The Evil queen's figure.
"Killer" Jay said looking at his father.
I swallowed nervously, looking at my mother. In all kinds of furs and chasing puppies. Her face showed so much anger and the detail was incredible. It appeared as if that was the real her.
"I'll never forget Mother's Day again," I said
We all continued to look at our parents until Jay brought us back to reality.
"Well, the wands not here.. let's bounce" He said
He stepped back and me and Evie followed his actions leaving the room, the only one that didn't leave was Mal. Evie, Jay, and I started looking for the wand while Mal was doing whatever she was doing. I stopped when I saw something shiny on the floor.
"Now would you look at this?" I said mainly to myself
"What did you find Carlos?" Evie asked
I picked up this ring and looked at it carefully. It was gold and had a purple gem in it. I showed it to Evie and she held it.
"That's beautiful, where did you find it?" She asked
"Over here" I said pointing to the spot by the Fountain.
"I wonder who it belongs too?" She asked "wait there's something craved in it"
Evie held the ring to the light and read what it said.
"Tale as old as time.." She said
She gave me back the ring and looked confused.
"I've heard that before," She said "but the question is where"

Tale as old as time..it did sound familiar. I looked at the ring, questioning where it came from.
"I got it!" Evie said "tale as old as time...I heard Gaston talking about it, it's from the Beauty and the Beast tale"
"So that means.." I said
"It belongs to Bella," We said at the same time
"Do you think she noticed that it was missing?" I asked
"I'm not sure, but let's keep looking for that wand" She said and we continued looking.

I stopped for a moment and debated on putting the ring back on the floor but if I gave it back to her than it would give me an excuse to talk to her. So I decided to keep it, I placed it in my pocket and casually walked around the building and searched for the wand. After a while we found it and Evie went to get Mal. Mal came out and looked over the railing with us seeing the wand floating in a blue force field. We all looked at each other and smiled. 

"Whoo!" Jay laughed running downstairs. We followed him and next thing you know there we are..standing right in front of the Fairy Godmother's magic wand. Mal looked at Jay.
"Jay don't" She said
Jay smirked and went under the bars.
"No-no! Jay" Mal shouted but it was too late, Jay tried to grab the wand, he was flipped backward over the railing hitting the floor. A siren started going off. I covered my ears along with the others.
"A Force field and a siren?" I asked as my ears rang 
Jay nodded at me while he was still on the ground.
"Just a little excessive"
"Let's go!" Mal shouted running out of the room. Jay got up and we ran after Mal and tried to get out as fast as possible. We ran down the staircase and back down the hall, I was almost out the door when the phone rang. I ran back over and answered it.
"Hello? Huh? Oh yeah just give me one second" I said, the guy on the phone gave me the code and I typed it in. Shutting off the siren. I picked the phone up again.
"Done. You're welcome, Oh? Oh it was just a false alarm" I told him, he asked where and I looked at the clipboard next to me. "It was a malfunction in the uh..1417 bread chip in the microchip circuit" I said "Uh huh..yeah. Say hi to the missus for me. Bye." I hung up the phone
"Carlos!" Mal said telling me to come.
"You're welcome" I said running out the door. As we ran down the stairs, I heard Mal say.
"Thanks a lot, Jay, now we have to go to school tomorrow"
Going to school tomorrow wouldn't be all that bad, I mean I get to see Bella...We continued running till we got back to our dorms. I sat on my bed thinking about Bella's ring, I mean it had to be hers. How am I going to tell her how I found it? I got under the covers and looked at the ceiling. I'll think of something..I soon feel asleep thinking about the day I have in front of me.