Chapter 2

The next day I was sitting in Ben's room by his window reading a book, while he was getting tailored. Both of us looked out the window staring at the island. It was so dark and gloomy, it was so sad to think about the kids like us, innocent teens who never got a chance to live outside those walls. I looked at Ben and we made eye contact, just as our parents came in.

"How is it possible that the two of you are going to be crowned king and queen next month?" My father asked smiling. "You're just babies!"
"They're sixteen, dear" Mother said smiling sweetly at the both of us.
"Hey pops-" Ben said but my father interrupted.
"Sixteen! That's far too young to be crowned king and queen! I didn't start making good decisions until I was forty-two" Father said looking at mother.
"You decided to marry me at twenty-eight" Mother said slightly glaring.
"Well it was either you or the teapot" Father said jokingly. Winking at Ben. I let out a laugh and closed my book putting in down.
Mother looked at him with an un-amused expression and I just giggled. To me they will always be the perfect couple, no matter what other stories say.
"I'm kidding" He said chucking

After a bit of silence Ben spoke. 
"Mom, dad. Bella and I have chosen our first proclamation" My father and mother looked at each other happily. Ben looked at me nervously and I smiled, nodding at him to go on. He was about to step off the Platform but he was stopped and I walked up beside him putting out my hand.

"We have decided that...the children of Isle of the Lost shall be given a chance to live here...in Auradon" He said holding my hand. I smiled at him and nodded. My parents stood shocked and my mother dropped what she was holding. He stepped off the platform and walked towards my parents, pulling me forward with him. 
"Every time I look out my window to Isle, I feel like they've been abandoned" He said giving my hand a light squeeze. "Bella agrees with me on this" I looked at my parents with hopeful eyes.

"The children of our sworn enemies living among us!" Father said slightly yelling
"Father please" I begged "just listen"
"We start off with a few at first," Ben said
"Just those who really need our help" I added
"And I already have picked them out," Ben said

I smiled proudly at my brother. Mother placed a hand on my father's arm.
"I gave you a second chance" She said softly smiling. I smiled at her and looked at Ben smiling wide. She looked at me and Ben. "Who are their parents?" She asked
I looked at Ben because he still hasn't told me yet. Ben took a moment and spoke.
"Cruella Devil, Jafar, The Evil Queen and....Maleficent" He said

I have to say I was slightly shocked but I was proud of his choice. Mother stood shocked and Father looked like he was about to snap. I let go of Ben's hand and prepared myself for dad's outburst. 

"Maleficent?!?" Mother asked as father yelled her out name.
"She is the worst villain yet!" Father yelled
"Please Father-" I began
"No, I will not hear of it!" He yelled "they are reasonable for unspeakable crimes"
I turned around and saw that the staff was gone. Probably left after Dad's outburst. I pity them sometimes, they really do work hard and are left to deal with dad's uncontrollable rage. 
"Father their children are innocent" I said looking at him with pleading eyes.
"Don't you think their children deserve a shot at a normal life?" Ben asked 

"Imagine if it was us, wouldn't you want the best for your children? Make sure they can have the best life possible?" I asked him

I was hoping that my words would help them understand how much this means to Ben and I. These are our people too, they need to be looked after. Mother looked at the two of us and then at dad. She nodded understandably. I soon saw that look on his face seeing that he caved in.
"I suppose their Children are innocent," He said

Ben and I looked at each other and smiled brightly, I gave him a huge hug. He did it!! Ben smiled widely and hugged mother and father.
"Thank you for understanding," He said
"I better not regret this" Father said
"You won't," I smiled 
Father turned around waiting for mother.
"I'm so proud of you both," She said hugging us "well done"
I smiled at her and gave her another hug.
"Mother if you must know, half of it was Bella's idea," Ben said
"I figured that when you looked over at her the first time" Mother said laughing." But like I said I'm so proud of you two"
She smile at us and turned around taking fathers hand. When they left me and Ben walked over to his window. I smiled as I looked at the Isle of the Lost. Finally, the people of Isle of the Lost will have a chance.

"Come on Ben, we have work to do," I said
"Let's get this going, they should get the news soon." He said

Ben and I took off running to mine and mothers library and got to work on what was going to happen when they came. I'm honestly so excited!
"Okay so first things first" I said and we started working.