Chapter 29

"Staying in Los Angeles made you spoiled"

"I just don't want to sit on the grass!"
I answer annoyed to San.

Something happened this morning that I never imagined ..
San didn't come to class today, and I spent all the time worrying that he had already changed his mind about being friends and meeting to study.

Then, after classes, when I went to the parking lots I found him waiting for me with all the books we needed for our project and some envelopes with lunch.

Needless to say, I was shocked.
Then he took me to this park, saying he prefers to study outdoors.
Too bad it rained this morning and the grass is wet and he didn't bring a blanket to sit on.

"So let's do it like this princess"
San says, taking off his denim shirt, staying in his tank top, and placing it on the grass.
"Sit"
"San I can't-"
"Down, now!"
I do as he says, that authoritarian tone is scary.

He sits down too, next to me.
We begin to discuss which of the topics chosen by the professor to choose, and immediately afterwards we begin to search in the books for further information.

I never thought it possible to spend time with San so ... normally.

My gaze falls on him, that even ponytailed his hair to stand with his head down looking at the books.
He seems like a real contrast against clichés in this moment..
All sexy with his ripped pants and exposed muscular arms, completely absorbed by the books.

I can't hold back a smile as I watch him.
It's been a long time since I felt so .. happy.

My phone vibrates and I turn my attention from San to the message I just received.
It's from Jaehyun..it just says:
'Don't forget to wear something elegant tonight'

I wish I had forgotten about this, the dinner with his family.
I would like not to go, but it is too late to go back on my word.

"It's everything okay?"
San asks me, chasing my worries away for tonight.
"You look sad"
He adds, not satisfied with my nod.

"It's nothing, don't worry"
I'm not going to talk to him about Jaehyun. Even if we are friends, I don't want to share certain things with him.

"As you say.."
San says, obviously not convinced.
I think the topic is closed, seeing that he starts leafing through the books again.
But I realize I was wrong when San raises his head with a smile on his face.

"Do you know what I always wanted to do when we were kids and you were crying on the other side of the fence?"
San says suddenly, leaving me confused.

I don't even have time to think about it that I find myself on the ground begging him to stop tickling me.

"Here is the smile I wanted"
He tells me while I continue to suffer.
"San stop it!! I swear I'll kill you-"
"You couldn't, you'd miss me too much"
He replies, finally stopping.

If I think that now he is lying on top of me, and we are both catching our breath...I thank that this park is deserted, because the situation would be ambiguous if someone saw us.

I feel a shiver run down my side, and I realize that it's because San is caressing me slowly with his fingers under my shirt.

"San"
That's all I can mumble.
And he smiles satisfied, aware of what he's doing.
I don't do anything, not even when I see his face getting closer to mine;
I am simply there, still and waiting for his touch, which doesn't delay to come.

His lips land on my right temple first, and then on my left.
"This is not what friends do"
I manege to say, just before San kisses me on the lip side.
"We both know we're not just friends"
I open my eyes, finding before me the deep and feline ones of San that I love so much.
I am surprised to see them shine, I imagined them dark and sinful, but instead they are sweet and almost seem to want to tell me something.

"So what are we?"
I ask him the question I have been looking for an answer for a long time.

But San's answer doesn't come. Raindrops begin to fall and we both hurry to get up and run towards the car.

I don't know if I would have wanted that answer, because I know that my heart depends on it.