Chapter 3

"However it wasn't a bad first day of class"
Yunseo says as she is driving directly to our houses.

We decided not to stay in the apartments offered by the university, preferring to drive twenty minutes but stay at home with our families.

"Yeah, I have to admit that I was so agitated for nothing at the end"
If I think that while I sat in my seat in class I almost didn't feel my legs..

"Are you coming to lunch with me?"
I ask Yunseo as she parks in front of her house.

"No, today I can't. I have to try to cook something for my brother.
See you this evening? There is a party for the beginning of the year organized by a friend of the group."
"I should see Jaehyun tonight.."
I don't know how much I can see him now that we both started the classes.

"He can come too, it is a small thing only among friends. We will not be more than thirty people."
"Mh"
I could consider the idea.

"Come on, I'll introduce you to the rest of the group"
Yunseo begins to hop in her usual childish way, making me smile.

"Okay, it'll be fun"
I say amused and she jumps on me hugging me with enthusiasm.

We say goodbye by giving us an appointment tonight to go to the party together; and then I go to my house, which is exactly next to my friend's.

As soon as I cross the door, the scent of chocolate and lemon overwhelms me ...
My mother will make me start rolling if she continues to prepare all these cakes.

I arrive in the kitchen and, as expected, I find her wearing her apron at the stove.

"Hey, how much food are you preparing, is your boyfriend here for lunch too?"
I ask her, noting how much vegetables and meat she is cooking.

"No, Minjun is still at work. You should go upstairs.."
My mother turns to me with a sly smile;
I understand immediately and rush up the stairs.

I arrive in the corridor of the bedrooms and from one I hear the songs of Monsta X coming, confirming what I thought.

I knock and enter without leaving time to answer, and I find him at his desk drawing.

"Oh my god, you're back!!"
He turns around and stands up immediately,
catches me on the fly when I throw myself at him.

"How are you sister?"
Jongho asks me while we hug.

We aren't real siblings;
But we consider ourselves as such since my mother will marry his father later this year.

"I knew you'd be back next month"
He has been in America for over a month to attend a drawing course, which is his greatest passion, and I missed him in an indescribable way.

"Yes, but I wanted to come back to stay with my old sister...And then the course is finished earlier than expected"
He answers by teasing me as usual
"Old to who? I'm only a year older than you!!"

"Lunch is ready!!"
My mother called us from downstairs;
We immediately stop arguing about our age difference and immediately rush into the kitchen.