Chapter 20

I walk aimlessly surrounded by a thousand questions.

I can't understand.
Why does everyone want me to stay away from San, him included?

Because he's a fuck boy..
No, I know there's more.

Otherwise he would have at least accepted my friendship...

Gosh I don't know, all I know is that right now I'm having a severe headache and Jaehyun is not answering the phone.

"Julia!"
I hear my name shout, I turn and see Taeyong, who wears an elegant dark blue suit that contrasts perfectly his lavender hair.

"Where are you going? I can give you a ride"
He says with a sweet smile, pointing to his black matte Maserati parked on the side of the road.

"I'm just taking a walk"
I answer him sincerely.

"Did something happen?"
I think it's printed on my face that I'm not well now..

"Stress"
"Ah I understand, in fact you moved quite far, I guess you miss America"
He could not be more off-road.
But I nod because I'm not going to talk about my problems with my boyfriend's best friend.

"Look, I'm going to Yeeun. You could come, so you can distract yourself with a friend"
The idea doesn't seem bad to me,
after all I am not going to do anything today and if I go home I would end up looking at the ceiling on the bed.

The journey by car is short and silent.
Taeyong seems like a good guy, but I find him a little intimidating and this leads me to close myself even more than i already am.
The only words we exchanged was when I asked him if he knew what happened to Jaehyun, and he said he hasn't been answering the phone lately..
I'm almost starting to worry.

We arrive in front of a clearly expensive apartment building, and Taeyong tells me that he and Yeeun went to live together after only two weeks of knowing each other.

Some would say it's crazy, but I find it just romantic. It's wonderful that they are so sure of their love that they had the courage to take such an important step.

The apartment is on the 5th floor and Taeyong and I part ways, because I don't take the elevators.
I'll be crazy, but until we talk about the 10th floor I take the stairs.

When I arrive I see a door left open and I suppose it's the one that Taeyong left open for me.

I slowly enter, not seeing anyone in the living room with modern furniture.

"I knew you were a whore!"
I hear Taeyong's voice coming from the corridor that probably leads to the rooms.

I am about to leave, realizing that something that is not my business must have happened, but then Taeyong screams even louder.

"With all those who could fuck you, you have chosen my best friend!!"

Those words paralyze me.

Is he talking about Jaehyun?

Despite my shaking legs I head to where I hear voices arguing..
What I see makes me sick.

Yeeun is wrapped in a sheet intent on begging Taeyong who continues to insult her, and then I see Jaehyun..
He is sitting on the bed with only a pair of boxers on.

"Julia!"
Jaehyun exclaims widening his eyes when our eyes meet.

I hear him shouting me to stop, but I don't listen, I continue my run down the stairs.

I feel the breath missing from my lungs, the tears cloud my sight, but I ignore it, I keep running.