Chapter 28

I enter the house and after the usual 'I'm back', I head towards the stairs.

"Julia come here!"
I hear my mother scream from the living room, and snorting I change the direction of my steps.

"What th-?!"
That's all that comes out of my mouth when I see my mother sitting on the sofa, next to...Jaehyun.

"You two have to talk"
My mom says smiling at me, getting up and going to the kitchen.
But knowing her, she will remain eavesdropping behind the door, and since I want to insult the traitor with privacy, I signal him to follow me in the garden.

"With what courage you present yourself at my house!?! Even seeking my mother's help"
I say angry, as soon as we are alone in the dark of the garden.

"You don't answer calls, messages. I had no other choice..You ignore me!"

"And didn't you ask yourself why?!"
I'm furious. I've been calm for so long, and now I find him in front of me.
If it weren't for him I would never have got drunk, and all that mess with San wouldn't have happened.
Heck I could strangle him.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"
Jaehyun shouts, trying to take a few steps towards me, but I back off.
"Julia I was a jerk, an asshole, I know. But I regret it. I'm here because I love you."

"You had to think about it before putting it in a friend of mine"
Am I exaggerating? I don't think so.

"You know too that she wasn't the one I wanted"
Jaehyun says lowering his head,
he seems almost sincere..

"Am I wrong or was it you telling me it was okay to wait?"
My tone remains aggressive, I can't calm down even if he looks like a puppy now.

"I fucking know ok! But Julia, I'm a man and we've been together for months..!"
I withdraw what I thought.
He is a true idiot.

"Well now I won't have to worry about waiting anymore"

"What do you mean?"
Jaehyun asks me confused.

"That someone else got what was for you"
Why on earth am I telling him this..
Ah right, to hurt his stupid male pride.

Jaehyun sits on the swing looking shocked.
"I guess we're even now"
This was not what I wanted.
Making each other suffer will not solve our problems, even if by now I believe that there is nothing left for us .

"Julia give me another chance!"
Jaehyun says suddenly.
"I know we can be happy together. We love each other and-"

"I am no longer sure that I love you"
I've always had doubts about my feelings for him, but I thought I was just inexperienced.
Having never had a boyfriend, I didn't know if what I felt was love, but then..

"Do you love someone else?"
That question comes straight to my heart, and a pair of deep feline eyes come to mind.

"Jaehyun between us cannot work"
I don't want him back.
Yes, I was serene and carefree with him, but unaware of being unhappy.

"Tomorrow there will be my father's birthday dinner. I'd like you to come"

"I don't think it's appropriate-"

"You are an important person to me, and I want to keep you in my life.
Even if only as a friend."
I'd like to say no, kick him out of my house...but then I look him in the eyes, I see them tired and red, he probably cried and slept little.
As much as I hated him for what he did to me, I can't deny that he was a special person to me too.

I nod and see him light up.
He hesitates to advance towards me, I know that he would have liked to hug me but he stopped.

"I'll pick you up around seven"
I can't believe I'll meet his family..
I hope it won't be too awkward.