Bambi

Chapter 16

Louis

"Fizzy, give me the cocoa flakes!" Daisy slams her hands on the table repeatedly, demanding all eyes to be on her. I don't know why she believed that would work, all it does is make Fizzy eat the last bit of cereal obnoxiously just to spite Daisy.

Before I could even get a forkful of egg into my mouth, a small hand begins to tug on the sleeve of my jacket.

"Lou? Can you braid my hair? I asked mummy if she could do it but she said she's busy" Phoebe pleads, her blue eyes as bright as the neon hairbrush in her hand. 

"No" I dismiss her, returning my attention to the eggs in front of me that are now getting cold. 

She doesn't seem to like this, because her tiny feet begin to stomp the floor, the lights on her shoes twinkling at the impact. "Louis please! Daisy is wearing her hair in two braids, I can't wear two braids too! Just put my hair in a braid!" She pleads, but I stand from my chair and walk to the kitchen, the little girl following in my tracks. 

"Just ask Lottie to do it for you" I sigh out, already feeling exasperated with the whiny girl in front of me. As if on cue, Lottie enters the kitchen and helps herself to some eggs. 

"You're the worst big brother ever!" She screams out, stomping on my foot as hard as she can. 

"Get the hell out of here, you brat!" I yell out, wincing at my newly injured foot. Phoebes face contorts into a frown and her blue eyes fill with tears. "Oh for fucks sake" I sigh out, because I already know she's going to run her fucking mouth to my mum.

Before she can even get the chance to annoy me even further, I grab my car keys and make my way to the front door. My mum emerges from the hallway as soon as my fingers wrap around the knob. 

"What on earth is going on in here?" My mum yells out, the entire room becomes silent upon her entrance. Then, as if on cue they all begin yelling at once, desperate to explain who's in the wrong and how all of them are completely innocent.

"Louis called me a brat, and he cursed! Twice!" Phoebe yells above all the chaos. My mums head snaps towards me instantly, a deep scowl formed on her face. 

"Louis? Is this true?" She asks. 

"She stomped on my fucking foot!" I explain, motioning toward the pouting girl sitting a few feet away from me. I'm used to always getting the blame, I kind of had to get accustomed to it, seeing as it happens almost every fucking day. I know they're just kids, but I'm not going to get bitched out because they're all brats.

"Language, please" My mum warns, rubbing her temples in the process. 

"Whatever. I'm out of here" I sneer, slipping my shoes on my feet and turning back toward the door. 

"Wait! Aren't you gonna help me take the girls to school?" My mum asks. Right when I'm about to give her some smart-ass answer, Robert emerges from the same hallway she did a few minutes ago. The mere sight of this dickhead makes my skin crawl. My mum tries to keep us separated because she knows how I am, but she hasn't done a good job.

"Why don't you ask your little boyfriend to do it? Maybe he'll do a better job than dad, don't ya think?" She flinches at my words, her eyes shifting to hurt. Robert opens his mouth to speak, but my mum places a hand on his chest to stop him. "Just don't" She pleads with him. 

"Please leave" Her voice holds no real emotion, it's just an order. An order that I happily follow, slamming the door on my way out. 

How dare she act hurt? If anyone should be sensitive about the mention of my dad, it's me. She has no fucking right to act like my words hurt her.