-thirty two-

edited
~~
Calum

"She's the best! She's my Addy." I say.

Addalyn eyes go wide and she stares at me. I give her a look of confusion before I see Danielle pop up from her spot on the couch, frightened. Addalyn starts to get tears in her eyes while Danielle stares at her the whole time. Addalyn eventually runs into her room and I get up to follow.

"Leave her, Calum. Give her some time." Danielle says, grabbing my shoulder. "What happened? What did I do?" I say, panicked. Danielle sighs and turns to me.

"Addy was the nickname Addalyn's dad use for her. He called her by it all the time. She hasn't heard the nickname since.." Danielle stops and looks at the three boys behind us, waiting for what she has to say, "Now I know that Calum knows, but Addalyn's father died suddenly and traumatically. The first anniversary of his death is coming up so her emotions are all over the place."

"No.." Ashton says. You can hear his sadness in his voice. We all stayed silent until we could hear faint cries coming from Addalyn's room. It hurt me, even more, to know that she was crying because of me.

The pizza man knocks on the door. "Oh great now he shows up," Danielle says. She gets up from her spot on the couch to get the door and Luke follows.

As Danielle and Luke take the pizza, I take the chance to run over to Addalyn's room.

I knock on Addalyn's door and peek my head in. She was laying on the bed with her face in her pillow. "Addalyn? I'm so sorry." I say, sitting on the bed next to her. I place my hand on her back as she removes her face from the pillow. When she looks at me, my heart shatters. Her eyes were red from crying and she looked broken.

"I had no idea about it. I just thought it was cute. I'm sorry, I should have asked if you wanted to be called that before I said it." I continue. Addalyn sits up fully and puts her hand on my knee.

"Calum, you have no reason to apologize. It is not your fault. I was..that was the first time I've heard the nickname since Daddy died. I didn't know when I would hear it again. Although it caught me as a surprise, I was happy to hear it again. I'm sorry I'm so dramatic."

I smile at her and take her hand off my knee, putting it in mine. I lean in and leave a kiss on her lips. "You can always talk to me, Addalyn. I will always be here." I say. She smiles at me, " You can call me Addy. It's nice to hear it again... but don't abuse it." "I promise I won't."

I chuckle and jump off the bed, taking her hand in mine as we walk out into the main room. Danielle quickly runs over to Addalyn and gives her a big hug. "You okay, honey bun?" Danielle says, pulling away and rubbing her arm. "Yeah, I'm fine." "The pizza is here. Grab your slice." Danielle says, pointing at Luke who was holding the pizza boxes. "Good, I'm starving!" Addalyn says, clearing the counter to put the pizza boxes on. Everyone grabs a slice and enjoys the pizza.

"Listen, Addalyn... We're really sorry to hear about your dad." Michael says, giving her a side hug. "It's okay..thank you, guys. I'm sorry for the scene. I can be dramatic sometimes." Addalyn says. "You have every right to be," Luke says with a face stuffed with pizza.

We enjoy the rest of our pizza and clean up our mess. Danielle and I do some dishes, then join the boys by the couches. I rush over next to Calum and cuddle into his side. "I've missed this.." I say, taking in a big deep breath. The smell of his cologne instantly makes me feel relaxed.

"So when do we leave for New York?" Ashton asks. "I'm ready for some good pizza," Luke says.

"Yeah, about that. You should've told me! I have to call my mom and see if-" "Already got it covered for you." Danielle says. "How long have you had this planned?" I ask. "For a while actually." She responds.

Calum wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my neck. He does that when he knows I am stressed. "You know, you're stunning." He says, smiling at me. "That's all you," I say, kissing him on the cheek.

It was a little while later and Danielle and I were sat at the island of the kitchen. "I haven't seen you this happy in a long time. Especially that's it's December." Danielle says, sipping her water as I wash the rest of the dishes. "Well, I didn't expect Calum and the boys to be here," I say, finishing the last dish. I turn around and look at the four boys in the living room. Calum and Ashton were watching TV, while Luke was on his phone. Michael was laying on the floor.

"So we got any fun plans for tonight?" Michael asks. Danielle and I share a look and start to laugh. While the boys give us strange looks, I wipe away my tears. "Plans? No, no, no... We don't do anything." I say. "Yeah, we like to stay home, watch a movie, maybe sleep," Danielle adds.

"So.. you guys don't do anything?" Calum asks, giving us a strange look. "Ooh! Sometimes we get really wild, and go over to Danielle's house to go in the pool!" I say as Danielle nods vigorously. "You guys have no life. We're going out. What are fun places to go to in Orlando?" Michael says, pulling out his phone. "There's Disney World... but it's too late to do everything now," Danielle says.

"What's CityWalk?" Michael asks. "CityWalk?? I love that place! It's right before you go into Universal. They have cool things there, but it's the Walmart version of Disney Springs." I say. "Then let's go to Disney Springs!"

"I don't wanna go out... I want to sleep." Danielle says. "Get ready, we're leaving in 20," Calum says, grabbing my car keys from the table. "Who says your driving my car?" I say, crossing my arms. "Says me." He says, winking.

~~

The six of us walk into the crowded Disney Springs. Even though it was night, the boys wore sunglasses so they wouldn't be as noticeable. "Wow.. this place is cool," Luke says. "Isn't it? I've been going here since I was like 5," Danielle says to them. I watch Calum take his sunglasses off and look around the outlet. He looked like a kid in a candy shop.

"Where do we start?" Ashton asks. "I want to go to the World of Disney store!" I call out as we walk with the crowd. "Are there any bars?" Ashton responds. "If you and Michel want to go, you can go. But Luke and Calum, don't you even think about going with them." "C'mon!" Luke whines.

Michael and Ashton run away and leave the four of us together.

"So.. World of Disney?"
_________
w.c. 1205