Chapter 27: Jake

-Jake's Point of View-

What the hell? Why hadn't she told me about Trevor? Did she really think it wasn't important to mention that she was a mom. Or that her kid had died?

I stormed outside. And stood in the cold air trying to calm myself. Obviously there was a reason she hadn't told me. Obviously she wasn't ready for me to know, but I couldn't just let this slide. Was I supposed to go home and pretend like I didn't know? Was I supposed to confront her? All of these questions swirled around inside me and I did the only logical thing I could think of.

Once I was in my car I turned on the radio and took out my phone. That stupid Demi Lovato song started to play and I quickly changed the station. The phone began to ring and I tapped the steering wheel impatiently.

"What?" A male voice demanded answering the phone.

"Hello, is Andie there?" I asked, clearing my throat.

"Maybe who is this?" I sighed and then switched the phone to my other hand as I drove away from the bar, towards my office building.

"My name is Jake, I'm Andie's sister's boyfriend."

"Oh. Um yeah Andie's here one sec." There was some shuffling on the other side and then a girl picked up the phone.

"Hey Jake, what's up."

"Why didn't she tell me about Trevor?"

"I- I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't play dumb, Andie. I know that you know about him."

She sighed and then her voice became hushed. "How did you find out?"

"Grayson is in town, as I'm sure Taylor already told you." I pulled into the driveway and parked my car in the empty parking lot.

"He told you!?" She almost yelled.

"Yes, he told me." I shut the door and walked into the building, taking out key.

"Does Taylor know th-"

"No, I just found out." I walked into my office and sat down in my chair, balancing the phone between my shoulder and my ear.

"Well are you going to talk to her?" She asked a bit annoyed.

"Yes, but I don't know what to say. How does one just say 'Hey I know you have a kid with the biggest douche bag on the planet!'?"

"Do you want me to talk to her?"

"No, I want to do it I just need your help."

"That doesn't make any sense."

I sighed and opened my laptop. I'm not sure what I wanted to do but for some reason I needed my laptop for it. "I want to talk to her about it, but I think she wanted to wait for the right time to tell me about it."

"Then don't talk to her about it."

"But I can't just let this go unnoticed."

"Then talk to her!" I could tell that she was getting upset.

"What do you honestly think I should do?"

She sighed and there was a long pause. I could hear faint music in the background and people chattering away. "I think you should go talk to her about it. I don't think it will be easy for her to tell you on her own."

"Thank you, Andie." I said quietly, staring at the background of my laptop. It was a picture of Taylor and I when we went to an art festival last year. She looked so pretty with her long blond hair flowing in the wind, she had on a simple floral sun dress and a jean jacket. I stood next to her, with my hand around her waist, looking like the happiest man in the world.

'You're welcome. Good luck." Then she hung up, without even a good bye.

I leaned back in my chair and rubbed my eyes. Then I stood walked out of my office, shutting off the lights. I sat in my car and looked at the road in front of me. The road that would lead me home. The radio played quietly and I hummed along, trying to distract myself.

Once I was home I turned off my car and walked slowly towards the apartment building. The stairs seemed to reduce in numbers as I got closer to the apartment door. Heather was standing outside her door, drunkenly trying to unlock it.

I ignored her calls as I pushed open my own door and stepped inside. Taylor was sitting on the floor with Rex in her lap, and episode of Pretty Little Liars playing on the TV screen.

"Hey!" She said, turning towards me and smiling.

I tried to smile back but instead the words that I was dreading came out of my mouth. "I know who Trevor is."

Her face became very pale and she stood up, setting Rex down on the ground. "Jake, I'm so sorr-"

"Why didn't you tell  me?" I asked, seeing her standing there brought all of my emotions up and I couldn't hold it back.

"I didn't know how to, I'm really sorry."

"Two years. That's how long I've known you and you didn't think that maybe I might want to know that?"

"I wanted to tell you! I'm sorry!" She was almost crying and I felt awful for bringing her to this state, but I was hurt as well.

"And with Grayson! Of all people!" I yelled, against my will.

"It was an accident, Jake!" She yelled back, taking a step towards me. "I'm sure you have done something stupid in your life as well!"

"No I haven't! Especially not something that resulted in a pregnancy!" My face was heated and anger boiled in me.

"Don't you dare! Do you really think I wanted to get pregnant?" She yelled, taking a step towards me.

"Oh I don't know, Taylor, apparently I don't know you as well as I thought I did!"

She turned and then screamed as she walked into her room and slammed the door behind her.

"I'm so glad we had this chat!" I yelled at her door as I stormed out of the apartment and down the stairs, past a very confused looking Rachel.

"Jake are you OK?" She asked, trying to follow me.

"I'm fine." I grumbled as I went to my car. I got inside and turned on the radio, way too loudly and drove. I didn't know where I was going I just couldn't handle fighting with Taylor anymore.

And then the phone rang.

"What?" I snapped as I answered.

"Well it's nice to talk to you too." Laurie said, I could almost hear the surprise in her voice.

"What do you want, Laurie? I'm kind of not in the mood for this charade."

"We traced the gun that shot Josh."

"And?"

"You're not going to believe who did it." She said, a smile in her voice. This was the second time today I had almost found out who did it and once again I was stopped.

Just as Laurie was about to tell me something hit the front of my car, hard.

Glass shattered everywhere and my phone went flying out of my hand as the air bag exploded out of the steering wheel, catching my head just as it hit the steering wheel, knocking me unconsious.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ohhhh CLIFF HANGER!!

I guess you all will just have to wait until the next upload to find out if Jake is OK! :)

Leave your comments on what you think will happen next! Thanks for reading!! <3