Chapter 15 - Kiss and make up

Start from the beginning

"Before the Apocalypse, Heaven may have been corrupt, but it was stable. The Staff was safely contained. But it's been chaos up there since the war ended. In that confusion, several powerful weapons were stolen."

"Wait, y-you're saying your nukes are loose?"

"Yeah, I'm afraid so. But you've stumbled onto one of them. We must find the weapon that did this. I need your help."

Sam scoffed at the angel. 

"That's rich."

Dean couldn't really blame the reply. Those feathered bastards changed their opinion of the Winchesters at every turn. Of course he wasn't inclined to help. But did they even have a choice with something that dangerous out there? What's worse was that Castiel knew it and threw them both a scowl. 

"Sam, Dean, my 'people skills' are 'rusty.' Pardon me, but I have spent the last year as a multidimensional wavelength of celestial intent. Believe me, you do not want that weapon down here. Help me find it, or more people will die."

"Okay, fine," consented Sam. "But can we perhaps also talk about the one person we know who has the power of the plagues and doesn't need a magic wand to use them? What would happen if Allegra gets her hands on the Staff? Like... plagues 2.0 or something?"

"Dude, seriously!" Dean punched his brother's arm, but Sam just gave him another bitch-look.

"Allegra doesn't have the Staff," said Castiel. "We know, we've been keeping an eye on her. But... she can definitely help. Both Allegra and the Staff have the powers of the plagues. She will be able to sense its whereabouts."

"Yeah, I tried reaching out." Dean sighed. "She's still giving me the cold shoulder."

Castiel looked at him intensively and then nodded.

"Ah, yes, your argument. You should apologize."

"Wha-me?! Now, hold on just a minute here!"

"I'll get her."

And with that, Castiel was gone. Dean threw his hands in the air, mentally preparing himself for what was bound to be one hell of a next 5 minutes. He really wished Sam would say something, but his bother apparently thought playing with a pencil while they waited was more important than giving advice. When Castiel finally returned, the angel was forcefully pushed back against the table by an enraged Allegra.

"GODDAMMIT, CASTIEL, I SAID NO!"

She looked like she was about ready to kill Castiel but froze when she saw Sam standing beside the angel.

"Sam? What...?"

When she then noticed Dean, she rounded on Castiel again, eyes shooting fire.

"Un-freaking-believable! Kidnapping isn't enough; you gotta bring me back to this guy?!"

"Hello to you too," Dean replied, irritated and with a scoff.

"What the hell do you want?" demanded Allegra.

Before Dean could react, Sam jumped in, showing Allegra his notes and one of the articles.

"Three murders; one guy literally became a puddle of blood, one died of boils, and one got his skull eaten out by locusts."

"What? But those are...plagues." Allegra's eyes widened. "You think I'm doing this?!"

Her voice went up a few decibels, making all three men shrink back. Castiel, especially, was terrified, putting himself behind Sam. But neither the angel nor Sam were the objects of Allegra's rage. She was projecting everything on Dean.