Chapter 37

Claudius was satisfied, the lady was content with his work. He led the soldiers back to the armory and they prepared their weapons again.

Olivia materialized to the cave and stared at Andrew who had been waiting for her.

"What news, Andrew?

"Pan is suspicious. He read the note I told you Felix wrote. Somehow they don't communicate directly anymore. They just walk around as if nothing is the matter. Then there's Dodger. He's been following you a lot, and he's currently trying to find a way to talk to Pan and Felix.

"Good. Andrew you make quite the job but I hope this is not all of it.

"No, there is more. "He smirked and she rose an eybrow.

"I tossed one of the stones you gave me to hear everything one can say, into Felix's tent. Pan's was too risky. He would've discovered it in a heartbeat. But Felix... no. And I heard very interesting stuff. Next lesson with Pan, he's going to test you in every possible way to see what you remember and to be sure you're in the clear. He's going to trick you."he added and Olivia rose her eyebrows. Pan had a hidden game. He hid plans, of course he had. Andrew went on.

"I heard Felix tell Dodger they would set an ambush for one of the soldiers, since they might have found the tunnels you used for the attack."

This time, an evil grin appeared on her face.

"Andrew... you have been very useful indeed... I suspect Pan has more than that but he is tricky. As for that little ambush plan these two idiots have set up... we'll be ready...
I have a task for you Andrew. Do what you must to get some I just want it.

"What is  it?"he asked and she smiled, waiting a moment and licked her tongue before answering in a low voice:

"Dreamshade. A whole lot of it. Yes."she paused and went on
"Pan wants to trick me?
Well, by all means... let's play. But this time, I'll reverse the game board. I'm bringing sweet Olivia back."

___________________________

Dodger looked around and heard a twig snap. He carefully tiptoed to a tree and waited, calculating the distance before jumping out and taking ahold of Olivia, tackling her against a tree. She gasped and opened wide eyes, all air knocked out of her as his hand pressed in her throat.

"Dodger...."she wheezed, trying to take in a breath. He glared at her and let go. The girl sucked in a huge breath and coughed a few times before letting out "Is that how you greet your friends "she coughed before straightening herself and rubbing her neck.

"You're not my friend Olivia, at least this Olivia isn't. "

She frowned slightly, not getting why he was so angry.

"Dodger what...what's going on?"she asked carefully and he scoffed before turning to her.

"Drop the act all right?! I know you're just playing a game. "

Olivia looked hurt and stepped back.

"Dodger what's gotten into you?! What did I do?"she said gently. Dodger clenched his jaw. "Stop. "He growled.

"What is wrong with you people??!" She shouted exasperated and dropped the wood she was carrying.

"One minute you're all nice and the other you're talking bullshit about me being horrible and you try to strangle me honestly what is going on??!"

Dodger turned around slowly and eyed her carefully. Then he blinked a few times.

"I won't fall for it. Not again. Just get out of my sight already. I'll find a way for pan to see right through you."