Chapter 17

A pair of arms suddenly yanked her away from it preventing her from crossing it. She thrashed and cried
"Let me go!!!! Get Off me!!!"

When the person let go she turned around, glaring daggers at him and recognized her brother.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT LIAM!??! I told you to stay the hell away from me!!!

"Olivia please I want to make up for what I've done. I love you more than anything in the world and I-

"Don't. Ever. Say. that. You don't give a shit about me!! I hate you! I hate you so much Liam! All this time I thought  you.... we are NOT doing this over again. I told you what you wanted to know now leave me alone."

She started walking away but he grabbed her arm and held her firmly at his level

"Listen to me 'livia"he said firmly and harshly eventhough it still was a sort of plea.

"You may be mad at me, and you have every reason to be, but no matter how much you hate me, I am still your brother! All right?! And I care about you! I MADE MISTAKES! I KNOW THAT! BUT SO DID YOU! WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES. BECAUSE WE ARE HUMAN. If you're not ready to see it than you are no better than me! What I did had consequences all right, but I want, I deserve to know the whole story!
You're my sister, liv."he said more softly. "The only family I have left.

"Oh yeah?! Well I have no family left. They're all dead.

"I'm still here!"he protested

She turned to him with false surprise
"Really? Cause I can't see you. All I see, are the ghosts of 56 people standing before me and reminding me how you abandonned us and led them to their deaths.

My brother is dead. Just like the rest of them."

With that she walked away meeting with Felix who glanced at him and then sighed before taking her to the training grounds.

Olivia poured all her sadness and her anger in the training, remembering the tactics Pan had taught her.
But she was so distracted by the events that she found herself on the ground, with a blade pointed at her throat.

"You're not concentrated. You can do better than that. Pan would be disappointed that his 'apprentice ' remembers nothing..."Felix teased and she rolled her eyes. He held out his hand for her to take.  When she did he hoisted her up and kept her against him, whispering in her ear.

"You need to make things right with your brother. I'm not saying you have to forgive now, but do something about it. Whatever happens, you're likely to spend your lifetime with him. So you make things right before you start killing each other. He cares about you.

Remember the night you were restrained to that tree for five days? And someone came and saved your life? That was Liam. And I'm pretty sure he said nothing about it, did he?"he stepped away from her, keeping ahold of her arm and they looked at each other. She started getting away from his grip but he added
"Who do you want to be, Olivia? And what were you told, when you were a child? Did they tell you to stay mad and seek revenge, or did they encourage you to be better than the attacker? Your parents are dead, taking your revenge on Liam won't bring anyone back, and certainly won't make them proud of you, now will it? Will it even make you proud of yourself?"

He let go and positioned himself again, his sword ready. Olivia attacked and this time was victorious.

She looked at him with gritted teeth
"Looks like you want a nice bedtime story as well. You know if you s-"she suddenly stopped and snapped her head towards camp. Her eyebrows knitted together she let her guard down, an idea had crossed her mind. A terribly dumb idea but it wouldn't go away and it seemed to her worth a try.