Chapter 19

Sum up.

So Olivia tells Liam and her friends how her family organized a weekend at a luxuary hotel restaurant with cousins aunts uncles and friends,  and how during dinner a group of serial killers slaughtered all the people attending this restaurant. Meeting with the kids of her parents's friends she gets really attached to them. Siblings Arthur and Alexa. She didn't manage to save them and after seeing all the people she cared about being killed she was injured badly in the leg and woke up in a hospital where she learnt that she is with three other people, the only survivor of the massacre. She never forgave herself nor her brother since the weekend was organized in order to reunite the family after the tragical event of his disappearance.

*****************************

Back to present.

Peter pan stood leaning against a tree, listening. His eyes fixed only in her.

"Took me two weeks.  Two weeks to  get out of this hospital.
I believed I went through hell...
It's been eight months now. Five months before Peter came back and took me here."

He had tried to get over the thought of her. Traveling to other realms, he had felt infuriated when coming across a beautiful landscape, he had thought she would've loved to see it. He also smiled when he noticed a beautiful young princess in one of the realms and thought she wasn't even twice as beautiful as Olivia.

Seriously?! Ugh. Stop it. This is ridiculous. You don't even care about her.
Wrong.
And she will do exactly the same...
Maybe not.
She will die anyway.
...

Peter Pan's POV

I went back to Neverland and found a few of the Lost boys around the fire, with my lost girl who was sharpening her sword making me smirk. Then she spoke up towards Liam and stared at the fire telling the whole story I knew she had been lying about the whole time. Finally the truth about it...

I looked at the fire at the same time as she did and something clicked. I saw the memories. Like I could see everything from far or above. I frowned at the sight of all this. I never expected it to be such a terrible story.

At the end of it I felt drawn back to the present. But somehow I could hear what she thought.

Weak. I have been weak. Always was.

Olivia drily wiped a tear escaping her eyes and going down her cheek. I knew she never forgave herself for not dying there.
The others said nothing, processing the whole tragedy. Liam looked like he had just taken the biggest blow in the face.

I hated seeing her broken like that, no matter how much I tried to push it back .

You're not. You're a strong girl, Olivia.

She suddenly lifted her eyes in surprise and they met with mine. They were full of hope and pain, but also something else... joy?
To see me?
Nah. How could I be so stupid and anyway, stop that.

You're back!

Her mind said with surprise and yes, joy. Strange.
I didn't move and simply shrugged

Looks like I arrived right on time.

Not so sure about that. But it was about time.

What, you missed me?  I teased with a smirk and she rolled her eyes but this time she smiled and shrugged, though not denying it I noticed.

Suddenly Liam squatted before her and she looked at him

"Livi. There's nothing I can say to mend this-