Chapter 24

Felix walked through the jungle, and finally reached the tree. He waited a second before tapping the trunk five time. Then he stood leaning against it and waited.
He fidgeted with his knife, nervously when he heard very quiet footstep then a voice.

"Felix."

He snapped his head towards the young blonde girl who looked at him with wide eyes and strode to her
"What are you doing here?! " she motioned for the tree.

"Haven't used this calling for more than four years..."she said sadly.

Felix replied nothing.

"We agreed not to see each other anymore, so what are you doing here, calling for me..?"

The blonde boys scratched the nape of his neck, embarrassed, hesitating between two things. He finally chose the second thing.

"I just need your help." She eyes him carefully, hoping.... the young fairy sighed "Why? You have Pan, you have Olivia, and I don't see why you should need me, Felix. "

She started walking away, disappointed when a hand caught her arm and Felix said quietly.

"Actually I came to see you. Just to see you. It's one of the rare occasion when I can so... I came" he  shrugged. She looked up at him.

"You can't Felix. Pan would kill us both if he knew that you disobeyed him. I am banished Felix, remember? You are not allowed to see banished people."

He smirked "I just did."

She smiled slightly but then her smile faded and she sighed.
"Look, I don't think you need my help and anyway, I have... I have things to do!"she said and began leaving and he said

"Tink, wait, you're leaving?"

She sighed, painful and came back to him before stating carefully.

"Felix, look... I think..." she paused, it was difficult to say when you didn't want it to happen. Felix knew what she was about to say.

"I think we should take our distance bec-"
She was cut off by Felix pressing his lips against hers. Utterly dumbfounded, she didn't respond and he pulled away with a smirk.

"Sorry, I don't do distances. "
She looked at him with hope, did it mean something? He cupped her face in his hands.
"Listen, I didn't come here for help, I just, I had to see you. I thought it had gone away, after all these years without seeing each other, but ever since I saw you I realised they never left, those feelings. I love you Tink. Always have."he said, looking straight into her eyes. The blond fairy couldn't believe it, she scanned his face, his eyes, to be sure it was all true. It was. She knew it.

"Please tell me I was right to say it."he pleaded. She smiled and pulled him him into a long and loving kiss. He immediatly responded and when they pulled away she said with a small smirk

"Took you long enough.

"Wha- what?"he scoffed playfully and added sarcastically "why didn't you say it before then?

She giggled and pecked his cheek
"I like to see you embarrassed, good for your ego. "

He shook his head with a smile and sidehugged her, kissing her temple.

"Sure."
She smiled with glee and pulled him into a long and passionate kiss this time. Their lips moved in sync and he felt her smile through the kiss.
They pulled away and she took his hand. "I love you too, Felix."
He smiled and intertwined their fingers together.

"Come on. Let's go for a walk together."he said firmly.

She followed and they started running through the jungle.