Chapter 25

Two days.

I had been sitting here for two days. Just watching him sleep. Isaac had no idea what he had, and neither did any of us. So I just sat there, next to the bed, and waited, until he would wake up.

Taking a look at him, I noticed how peaceful he was. He seemed almost innocent. It pained me to think of all the things he had done and yet how caring he could be at the same time. I just wished he would let go of all this evil, this malice and darkness and just be the good and caring Peter.

I took out my pencils and paper and began drawing. I wanted to picture that moment of him with no darkness nor cruelty on his features. I began tracing slowly, carefully, glancing at him from time to time both for the drawing but mostly to check on him.

  Seeing him like that made me think. Made me realise he really just was a broken and lost boy, and I felt the urge to protect him and give him the care he had missed all his life. All these people telling me he cared for me, I had never  believed it to be true, I mean he couldn't right? He killed Hunter after torturing him, hurt me so many times, killed Yan and so many others, making them suffer, he destroyed Leigyn's family and murdered Hawk's love in front of him. Those were unjustifiable that was for sure.
But then all the memories of him, caring, teaching magic, combat, swordfight and how to shoot with a bow and arrow.

Yes. There was something. I could help him.
My drawing was finished and I had written in a corner: Peter pan is not a monster. He's a lost and broken boy.

I slipped the drawing in my satchel and put the bag down before turning back to him. My fingers slightly drew his hair from his face, and stroked his features, delicately.
I leant in, and kissed his forehead before whispering.

"Please wake up, Peter. You know they need you here. Your family, your island, your lost boys... and your lost girl. I need you to come back Peter. Please."

I then took ahold of his hand. It was cold. Very cold. I held it with both hands, trying to warm it up.

So if he died, it wouldn't matter that much to you?

No it wouldn't!

Yes it would.

No! No way.

You know it.

I did. I don't know why but simply imagining it made me feel hurt. I couldn't let him go.

"You can't leave me, do you hear? You promised!" I said and lay my head on the side of the mattress, in my folded arm and closed my eyes.

Instantly I saw the eyes of the monster, Ben being killed, I heard Driniun chuckling darkly in the shadows, I heard the gunshots and I saw Peter, dark and hateful.
I gasped, my eyes snapped open, my body shaking, completely panicked when I felt warmth traveling through my hand and looked down at it. There had been a small pressure coming from him. Breathe in, breathe out. I calmed down, and relaxed, a small smile appeared on my face.

Felix came in.

"Anything changed?

"No. Nothing." I sighed. He sat beside me

"You should get some sleep. Go I'll watch.

"I can't.  I can't sleep, Felix, because everytime I close my eyes, it all comes back. Flashes of what he made me go through. I killed him but the torture wasn't simply physical. He planned it all, and now there is no way I can sleep or even close my eyes without being haunted."

Felix sighed and I leant on him, my head on his shoulder as he wrapped an arm around me.

_________
Three days later.