Chapter 2

January 24th 2009

Olivia's POV

My mother and father were very worried about my state of the moment.
Nothing interested me, or made me laugh. I didn't smile anymore or hang out with friends. The boy I liked and who liked me in return had gotten tired of it and left. Not that I cared anyways. I always needed to be impressed and I needed a feeling of protection as well as an extraordinary sensation when with a boy. I knew it.

And Harry could never give me that, never had nor never would.
All I needed now was for my brother to come back, my dear brother who meant the world to me. And now he had been taken away from me.
Yes, taken away or he had just left. Either ways, I hated it...

One morning I had gone to wake him up, and he wasn't there. Surprised I thought he could have gone for the day, so I waited, and so did my parents. One day passed, nothing. Two days...three a week, a month and now that was it. He would never come back I knew it.
I closed the door and went to bed.

The next morning, she woke up early and said goodbye to her parents. She had packed a suitcase and a bag and left a note.
"Dear Mom and Dad,
This is it. I can't do this anymore. I miss Liam too much. I need to leave this place and start a new life without him. Here, it's impossible. I know you'll understand. I'm sorry if this makes you sad,but I won't EVER forget you and I'll give you news as often as I can.
Your most loving daughter.
Olivia. "

She left the note on the table and got out. It was still a little dark and all was calm. She took the bus again and there was only a young blond woman who came rushing in too and stayed all the way with her, which surprised her because Olivia had decided to go to the end of the line. She shrugged it off and at the end she got out and decided to walk wherever she wanted.

But the truth was that she felt lost. Suddenly she heard footsteps and turned around, but no one was there.
She continued her way and entered a forest. A smirk played on her lips as she dropped her things and began to run all she could. She didn't even realise tears had escape her eyes.
She laughed at the same time and then looked up at the sky with a smile and closed her eyes.

"I'm starting again. "

She wiped the tears and heard a branch crack. "Who's there?!"she asked to no one in particular. She shrugged and went on, admiring the forest and the wind stroking the leaves. Another branch cracked and she turned around again to find a young boy before her. A little older than her, about 18 or 17 maybe. He stood there with his arms crossed over his chest and a smug smirk on his face. She frowned and took a step back. "Who are you?" She glanced at his outfit which made her frown even more.
He was dressed in a strange way, with dark pants and tunic, a black belt to which hang a knife and a weird wooden object. He had sort of leather wristbands at each arms.
"Are you some kind of parade animator or what?
-Parade what?"he repeated surprised with a deep British accent as he quirked an eyebrow seeming a little vexed at the question. She rolled her eyes and mumbled "Great, he's crazy. Reassuring."
He stared at her with surprise and confusion."Why do you say that?
-Wel coz you are dressed in a middle-aged way, in case you haven't noticed!
- Middle-aged?! Do you even know who I am?
- Nope and personally I don't really wanna know. So why don't we just each go our way and part?"
He smirked and took a step forward.
Immediatly she backed a few step, holding her hands out before her in defense and threatened "Don't!"she cried "Don't come nearer or I call 911!!
-Call the what?
-Or the cops!"

He deeply sighed and passed a hand through his hair "you guys are so confusing. I just need to...
-Who are you seriously?!"she cut off as he raised an eyebrow and smirked but not in a mean way, just amused.
"Well, I'm Peter, Peter pan. "

She scoffed "Yeah and I'm Napoleon!"
He raised his eyebrows in confusion and she rolled her eyes. "Okay, you know what, forget it I don't even want to know who you are" she stated, nervously playing with her necklace, a piece of string to which hung a small cristal with a strange sign carved on it.

"So, I'll just go my way and you go yours, all right?"
The boy stared at her "you don't believe me do you?
- You have a good sense of humor, my grandfather would have loved that joke. So, deal? You leave me alone and we both go our way.
-Why, where is all the f-"but he stopped when his eyes met the necklace she played with. His eyes went wide and he then met her eyes, a pair of brown eyes filled with fear and defiance. She backed a step, confused at his long searching stare. "I don't understand. You have it, why are you acting this way, you know me, Peter pan...?!

- Ooooookay... well I'm gonna gooo...coz you're mental. Totally mental." And she began to walk away quickly. The boy remained astonished for a moment but then followed. "Hey wait up!" But Olivia went on, pacing as fast as she could and grabbing her things she walked to the road and towards the town near there.

The boy suddenly blinked before her making her jump and back a few steps in fear. "Just STAY. AWAY. FROM ME." she said trying to sound confident. She pulled her phone out of her pocket as the boy frowned "Hey, I'm not going to hurt you, I'm just trying to understand."

Olivia was freaking out she called her friend Maya and when she picked up, Olivia talked with a quite unsure voice, her eyes watching every movement the boy did.
"Hey um, Maya? Could you...could you come pick me up, there's this guy creeping me out and I need you to come now. Please? I'm in front of the coffee shop next to the 'Dustin road'.
- Sure I'm coming straight away. Don't move and don't look at him, just walk away carefully like he doesn't exist, okay? Good. Love ya see you straight away."

Peter raised his eyebrow, crossing his arms over his chest. "Tell me why you don't believe me?"
Olivia chose to ignore at first but she was of a boiling temper and spoke up before she could even stop herself.
"What, that you are 'Peter pan'?
-...
- You really think I'm stupid enough to buy the story? I don't even know why I'm actually discussing this with you, it's ridiculous.
- Tell me, why?
- Peter pan? Really? Like the stupid and stubborn kid selfish enough to decide not to grow up because he was fond of his immaturity?!"

The boy scoffed and smirked, eying her carefully. "Feisty, huh? What's your name?
- I don't talk to strangers so please just leave me alone!
- But you have the sign, you know it means something, Olivia, surely?" He stated more than he asked. Olivia opened wide eyes " How do you know my name?!" She looked around for her friend coming, tears beginning to shine in her eyes. She quickly walked to the café and heard his voice say
"You can't run from it forever, Olivia!"

Finally the car arrived and she jumped in. When she turned around as the car arrived she noticed the boy was gone. Vanished. She shivered and her friend drove away.