The truce *part 5* (Tom Holland)

Start from the beginning

"Hey, guys, welcome to my Marvel-themed virtual pub quiz, hope everyone is doing well, just a reminder that this quiz is to raise awareness and money for the Brothers Trust, which sells dog collars made by women in third-world countries and all proceeds from said collars go back to the countries to feed children, so if you want to support that by either buying a collar or sharing one of our posts, that would be greatly appreciated." He smiled before looking at me. 

"This, everyone, is my best friend, Y/N. Unfortunately for her, she's stuck waiting out the lockdown at my house, with six annoying guys, so please be nice and show her love." He chuckled as he looked at me. 

"Hey, everyone." I smiled, waving at the camera as Tom started to read the comments. 

"Y/N's so lucky." He read out, making us both laugh. 

"I'd say that we're the lucky ones, I'm not endorsing gender stereotypes here, but the house would be an absolute bombsite without her." Tom chuckled as he scrolled through the messages. Suddenly, his hand landed on my thigh, making me suck in a breath at the contact. I gulped and bit my lip, loving the feeling of his hand where it was as his thumb gently moved against my skin. 

"Oh, damn, we've reached a hundred and thirty thousand viewers in just a minute, that's awesome, thank you to everyone who's watching. I think that we'll start in just a moment." He nodded before looking at me. 

"You okay, Y/N? You look a bit hot." He stated, slightly tipping his head to the side in fake ignorance. I stuck my tongue into my cheek and looked at him. 

"I'm fine, Tommy." I replied, putting emphasis onto the nickname. He nodded again, trying not to smirk as he looked back at the screen. 

"Okay, we're at a hundred and forty thousand people, I think we'll make a start." He spoke before looking down at his question cards, his spare hand still on my thigh. 

"And obviously the correct answer to the question "who is the best superhero" was Spiderman, well done to whoever got that." Tom nodded, both of us still doing the quiz with Tom's hand still on my thigh. 

"Actually, that's wrong, those who put Batman got it correct." I chuckled. Tom raised his eyebrows and looked at me. 

"What did you just say?" he scoffed. I shrugged and looked at him innocently as I played with the sleeves of my hoodie. Well, Tom's hoodie that I was wearing. 

"You know that I've always been on Harrison's side with this, Batman is better than Spiderman." I smiled, teasing the boy. He returned the smile and nodded, his eyebrows still raised. 

"Take that back." He demanded. My lips curled more. 

"I'm not going to take back the truth." I giggled. 

"Take it back right now, or I'll make you bathe Tessa tonight." He threatened, but the laugh in his voice deceived him. I leaned forward, making Tom's smile dip slightly and making him gulp as he looked at my lips. 

"Make me." I whispered. Tom's lips curled into a smile again as he started to run his fingers along my side, tickling me as my eyes widened. 

"No! Stop, this isn't fair! You know how ticklish I am!" I laughed as I shrunk back into my chair in an attempt to get away from Tom. It failed as he followed me, leaning forward so that he could continue tickling me. 

"All you have to do is admit that Spiderman is better, then I'll stop." He smiled. 

"Fine, fine! Spiderman is better, now stop!" I squealed. Tom laughed as he stopped tickling me, but kept his hands on my waist. I looked at him, both of our smiles dipping as we stared at each other. Tom gulped, his stunning hazel eyes flicking to my lips as he slowly but surely started to lean in. I had been at Tom's house for a month now, and we had made up on the first day that I had been here. Since then, we had been constantly flirting, stealing glances and sometimes even stealing the occasional touch from one another, all of it feeling like it was leading to this exact moment. My heart raced in my chest as Tom closed the gap between us and pressed our lips together, both of our eyes fluttering shut as my hands moved to cup his face and I returned the kiss. Tom smiled into it, making me return the smile as his hands moved to my waist and he pulled me closer to him, practically pulling me off of my chair and onto his lap. I lazily opened my eyes, them widening as my gaze flicked to Tom's phone. To the Livestream that was still happening. Shit. I immediately pushed Tom off of me, making his eyebrows furrow. I pointed to the phone, making his eyes widen as he realised why I'd pushed him away. He coughed awkwardly as he turned back to the screen, and I looked down, too red in the face and embarrassed to look at the screen as I fiddled with my fingers. 

"U-um, it's getting late, I think that that's all we have time for. I'll post the rest of the answers on The Brothers Trust Instagram in a bit so that everyone can check their answers. Please send us photos of your answer sheets, we'll be picking winners at random and said winners will get signed Spiderman posters. Thanks to everyone who watched tonight, stay safe and I love you all." Tom smiled before quickly stopping the stream. I gulped, the room filling with silence as we both just sat there, me looking down at my hands as Tom rested his elbows against the table and buried his face in his hands. I bit my lip as I heard Tom move his hands and look at me before sighing. 

"I'm so sorry, darling. I-I don't know what happened, but I am so, so sorry." He scoffed, lowering his head as he tried to catch my gaze. I raised my head, making his eyes widen slightly as I gave him a forced smile, hoping to god that he couldn't see the tears pricking my eyes. 

"It's done now. Nothing we can do about it." I nodded, fighting to keep the smile on my face as I stood up and headed to the door. 

"Darling, please." Tom sighed as he stood up and followed me, catching my hand as I opened the door. 

"Jesus!" I gasped, stopping abruptly in my tracks and making Tom bump into my back as Harrison, the twins, and Tuwaine all stood on the other side of the door, all staring at us with wide eyes. Tom and I returned the stare, all of us completely unsure of what to say. 

"You just had your first kiss...on a Livestream...in front of a hundred and forty thousand people..." Harry mumbled. 

"The first kiss that we know of." Harrison muttered under his breath. I choked, biting my lip and shaking my head as I walked away from them. 

"Y/N, I'm sorry, it was a joke!" Harrison yelled after me. I rolled my eyes, tears starting to leave my eyes as I headed upstairs and straight to my room, shutting the door behind me. 

Tom's P.O.V

"The first kiss that we know of." Harrison muttered under his breath. Tom's eyes wavered, knowing that his best friend should have shut his mouth as Y/N choked and rushed off. 

"Y/N, I'm sorry, it was a joke!" Harrison yelled after her, Tom sighing and rubbing his hands over his face as they all looked at him. 

"What the fuck was that? Do you realise the hate that you've just opened Y/N up to now?" Harry scoffed. 

"I know." Tom nodded. 

"Not only that, you're now going to have to speak out about whether or not you two are a thing." Sam carried on. 

"I know." Tom spoke again through gritted teeth. 

"What were you thinking, mate-." 

"I know, okay?! I fucked up, I know that. Look, she just looked so amazing, I've had feelings for her for years but we've only been talking again for a month, and even that's been hard with all the flirting and everything, she just looked so cute, I don't know what came over me, but before I knew what was happening, I'd kissed her, and I can't take it back now, so I know that I fucked up, okay?" the boy ranted. The others sighed at him as they looked at each other. 

"It's going to be okay, mate. It'll get sorted. But first, you need to go talk to Y/N. Make sure that she knows that you only think that kissing her in front of an audience was the mistake, and not the kiss itself." Harrison nodded. Tom sighed and returned it, giving his best mate a small smile before heading down the hallway and up the stairs to go see Y/N.