Don't Worry About Being Original

The truth is, wala nang original plot idea ngayon.

Trust me.

No matter how you try on thinking something that hasn't been done yet, there is always a case na iyang maiisip mo'y mag-ooverlap sa ibang nagawa nang story.

And let me tell you, that's okay.

You see, being original nowadays doesn't mean everything about your story must be original. You could use a trope and you could be original at the same time, as long as you could offer something new.

Alam niyo 'yung superhero story na "The Boys"? (Kahit pa hindi siya written story, let me use that as an example.)

The Boys has characters with familiar superpowers as the one with Justice League, but the new thing they offered here was that the superheroes here are the bad guys. And it worked. It's a fresh idea, it got me hooked right away.

You could do the same thing. For example, by using a character born with telekinetic powers. I know a lot of stories has already been made with a character like that as the protagonist. But you could think of a new plot na pwede nilang galawan. Pwedeng anti-hero pala itong character mo, or na-aactivate lang niya itong powers niya kapag lasing siya, or people born with telekinesis are wanted individuals and they need to hide or else ipapapatay sila. Gano'n.

The trick here is to be creative. You must be able to offer a twist in a story, that even though it may have had similarities with other stories, it could still be called original because there are unique elements associated with it.