Chapter Forty-Two

"Ow!" I yelled, rubbing my back. 

"Don't sell yourself short, (Y/N), you've saved our asses so many times," she said.

"Hey, language!" I chided.

Katara snorted, "You're one to talk, but Toph's right."

Hakoda clapped his hands and everyone turned his attention towards him, "Everyone listen up. The next time we resurface, it'll be on the beaches. So stay alert, and fight smart. Now break times over, back in the subs."

Sokka, Toph, and I headed back into the submarine together. Katara was going to put a sphere of water around Appa's head so he could travel underwater, so she stayed to talk to Aang for a bit.

***

When we finally resurfaced on the beaches we entered a full-blown battle. I walked onto the beaches and met a few Fire Nation tanks. 

I engaged in battle with some Fire Nation troops.

"It's the bibender! Someone get reinforcements!"

"But, why? She's just a teenager."

I used the water from the ocean behind me to bend a huge wall of water, encompassing countless Fire Nation troops. Then I froze the water, leaving them encased in the ice. 

Katara looked at me, "Woah."

I shrugged, "Let's go."

Some time into the battle, Hakoda got himself hurt, and Sokka took over, leading the invasion for him. 

We were winning the battle. The Fire Nation troops were falling back and everything was going smoothly, even before the eclipse started. 

That was until Aang came flying back. 

Sokka looked at Aang in shock, "Please tell me you're here because the Fire Lord turned out to be a big wimp and you didn't even need the eclipse to take him down."

"He wasn't home. No one was. The entire palace city is abandoned," Aang replied. 

"What?" I asked, "That doesn't make sense how-?"

"They knew," Sokka said, cutting me off.

"It's over. The Fire Lord is probably long-gone; far away on some remote island where he'll be safe during the eclipse," Aang looked dismayed. 

"No. My instincts tell me he wouldn't go too far. He would have a secret bunker; somewhere he could go and be safe during the siege but still be close enough to lead his nation," Sokka said.

Secret bunker...

"So," I was asking Azula, "Wanna see what I found?"

"Why are you asking me, and not Zuko?"

"Because, I don't only live with Zuko, I live with you too."

Azula smiled, "Is that right, (Y/N)?"

"Shut up," I grinned, "I found this secret bunker place thing."

Azula's eyes lit up, "Well, let's go."

"Oh!" I exclaimed, "I know about a secret bunker. It's under the Caldera Volcano."

Sokka nodded and we all, minus Katara, got on Appa to go to the Volcano.

Sure enough, the bunker was still there.

We found some random government officials and got them to tell us the location of the Fire Lord. 

Sokka checked his phone, "Thirty seconds until the eclipse."

I stared at the doors. 

Strength started to leave my body.