MDSC [29]

Jae & Skye art!

Jae & Skye art!

Chapter 29

The first two weeks of college came easily for Jae which she was totally unprepared for. She never would've imagined college life would be so... invigorating? It hasn't even been a month and she already has a schedule to keep her life in check. Her allowance came online from her mom every month. She was on a scholarship from one of her brother's connections that paid for her tuition fee as long as her grades don't drop. Saturday was laundry day and instead of using Sam's own washing machine, she goes down to the building's laundry room.

The one factor that made her adapt so easily was Skye. He kept showing up to her classes. The professors don't even notice him in such a large class. The only downside was Skye would pester her all day and she'd be distracted, if only for a bit. She eats with Skye at lunch. She hangs out with Skye in her free time. To be honest, the only time she only ever sees Sam is when it's on weekends and she hangs out with him.

They never talked about why he kept Jae company all this time. Jae just accepted it. So it was weird for her when Skye didn't show up for her class today. Or in the next class. Or in the next class. It was lunchtime and Jae sat on their usual table but Skye was nowhere to be seen.

Jae's expression was crestfallen as she played with her food on her plate, staring right into nothing. She was thinking if Skye got sick or something. Why the hell don't they have each other's contacts? It would've been easier instead of wondering and waiting for him to show up. It's selfish because only Skye decides if he wants to surprise Jae or not. Jae wants to surprise him as well.

Should she go to his house? She has no idea where it is, though. Ah, why didn't he show when Jae wanted to watch that new movie that came out with Skye? It was a satirical, dark, comedy movie about Christmas that is showing in the middle of the year. Its title was 'The Final Sleigh'. Even with just the movie title, it was already cracking Jae up. Skye would love it.

Sir Wynter should know where Skye was, shouldn't he? Jae decided to come to find him after lunch.

A presence suddenly showed up and sat beside Jae. Jae turned to greet him happily. "Hey! I thought—" She stopped when it was Sam's face that appeared, not Skye. She bit her lower lip, continuing, "—your lunch is in the next hour?"

Sam noticed the change in her demeanor but didn't comment on it. "We were dismissed early." He began to eat lunch. Sam's first two weeks had been the opposite of Jae. He had no one to turn to, thus, he needed to do everything on his own. He was frustrated that his schedule clashed with Jae, his only friend, which he couldn't even eat nor sit with anymore. It was a big change that has taken a toll on his mental health.

He seemed to be more stressed lately. He couldn't sleep at night. Sometimes, he goes to his classes wearing the same clothes as yesterday. He wanted to voice out his concerns to Jae but he hesitated. He didn't need to share his troubles with someone else. He'll take care of it himself.